XXXVIII

Thirty-Eight

"Helium"

By: Sia

I stared into Juliette's crystalline blue eyes, my heart beat strong and steady in my chest, even as I held my breath, anticipating every glide of her thumb across my flesh. Her spearmint-tinted breath washed over me and her fingers slid from my breast to my stomach, splaying open, pushing me deeper into the couch. Her dark brows and honey-gold hair tickled my bare stomach, and I bit my lip, looking up at her through my lashes. Intensity burned in her eyes, her long lashes lowered halfway, her lips pursed in concentration. Her chest brushed mine, and I wanted to writhe in the discomfort of my clothes, almost feverish. Without asking, I moved my hands to the hem of my tank top and tugged it over my head, tossing it to the floor, watching her through my lashes. Her cheeks hollowed out as she blew a long breath, muttering something in Italian that sounded vaguely...frustrated. But I didn't dwell on it as she feasted on my bare skin for the first time, and I stared back, refusing to let insecurity ruin such a perfect moment. I held still as she moved, tracing her fingers back up and between my breasts, twitching over the first touch of puckered skin.

"I want to kiss every inch of your skin." She whispered into the dark living room, her touch leaving me to remove her jacket, the muscles in her arms and stomach bunching when she pulled her shirt over her head. My eyes bugged out. I mean, I knew she was ripped, but this was, she was...cut. Usually I didn't go for overly muscled women, but Juliette had a body made for sin. Her shoulders weren't broad enough to be considered manly, and her arms weren't beefy either. She had the body of an assassin, of someone who put thousands of hours in the gym but didn't over do it. Of someone who ran fifteen miles every morning, she was long and lean. In the muted light, I could see that every muscle was coiled to perfection, and my cheeks turned pink as I ran my eyes over her red lacy bra, traveling lower to follow her six-pack, finding it so unbearably sexy the way her hips tapered into a slight "V" before dipping into her pants.

"How the hell did you hide all this?" I croaked out, staring wide-eyed at her. She leaned back and laughed, a deep and throaty sound that immediately made my legs clench around her waist. "I mean, holy hell, you are eons out of my league."

She stopped, looking down at me, a tender smile lifting her lips. "No baby, you are out of mine."

Doubtful, but hey, I wasn't about to argue.

She shifted, and a moan slipped out of me as her jeans brushed against my sensitive core. Her eyes brightened, and before I could track it, she had me in her arms and was shoving her way into a bedroom, a very spacious bedroom. I didn't get to see much of it before we were on the bed, and she was kissing me. Her fingers laced with mine and my lips hurt, kissing her so hard I saw stars. She licked and nipped at my bottom lip, her tongue hot as she slipped between my teeth. I didn't know what to do with myself, my legs wrapping around her waist, my free hand bunching in her hair. I had never felt so alive, addicted to everything she was. I panted when we broke, and she turned her attention to my chest, my back arching at the first press of her lips on the tip of my scar. She kissed all the way down the valley of my breasts, and I was a whimpering mess, my fingers reaching for the button of her pants. Her mouth wrapped around my right nipple, sucking and biting, and I truly felt like I was about to implode. She lavished me with her tongue, switching to the other, and I couldn't take it.

"Juliette," I whined. She'd scooted too far out of my reach. "I want to feel you."

She looked up. "Are you sure?"