XXXIX

Thirty Nine

A shrill ringing shattered my blissful dreams and the world Juliette had made for us in the blankets. Warm lips and legs and arms wrapped around me, muffling her quiet groan of protest. I echoed the sentiment, burying my face into her chest, letting out a surprised squeak when she abruptly rolled us until I was on top. I sat up, my groggy mind giving way to pleasure at the way our naked bodies slid together. My hair curtained my face as I stared down at her, shamelessly gaping. Heavy-lidded Caribbean waters blinked up at me, hazy with desire. My thighs flexed, and her fingers tightened on my hips, a low hiss escaping her lips, her throat bobbing as she swallowed. I fought for breath, frozen atop her, trying to figure out what to do with my hands. Her belly button ring brushed my lower stomach, and I shivered at the coolness of it.

She flashed those eyes at me again, a slow smirk building across her lips. "You can," The alarm shrieked again, interrupting her, and I jumped. Snarling at it, I slammed my finger down on the "end" button on my phone. My cheeks heated at her raised brows.

"Damn, remind me to never piss you off in the morning."

Rolling my eyes, I bent to kiss her neck, and her jaw, my words a faint whisper upon her flushed skin, my fingers sliding beneath the covers, running along the ridges of her ribs. "You were saying?"

She arched into me, the delicious friction between us reaching untamable levels. Splaying my hand across her chest, I looked down at her through my lashes, forever in awe of this alluring creature. Her tan skin rippled in the warmth of the morning light, muscles flexing under my thighs. Her long inky lashes fluttered shut on a moan, her lips glistening with moisture from our kiss. Her turquoise gaze winked out of sight, her eyes fluttering shut on a moan as my lips touched her neck, trailing lower with each light press. Kissing a pathway down her chest, my tongue darted out, laving across her nipple before pulling it between my teeth, reveling in the tremors beneath her skin as I sucked and licked. Turning my attention to the other, she writhed beneath me, her fingers alternating from my hair to the sheets.

"Shay." She whimpered, and I smiled up at her as my course changed, my lips kissing a pathway down to her belly button until I hovered over her core.

"Is this okay?" I whispered across her flushed skin, my fingers flexing on her thighs, parting them gently.

Holding my gaze, I searched hers, finding nothing but love and arousal.

"Please." She whispered.

I pressed a kiss to the inside of her thighs, inhaling the sweet scent of her. My tongue darted out, tasting her glistening flesh, and I couldn't contain the sound I made right then. I understood why Hades had wanted Persephone, because she tasted of the sweetest nectar, and he was lost with one little bite. I should've felt more hesitant, or awkward because I'd never done this before, but really I couldn't, because my mind was too filled with what I wanted to do to her. I started with a leisurely lick from her slit to her clit, suctioning my lips around the tight little bud, her hips bucking slightly when I sucked. I moaned, my tongue slipping out, flattening against her, working every bundle of nerves I could possibly get to. I was rewarded by her hands in my hair, and her soft gasps and tight inhales of pleasure. I slid my tongue all the way inside her, my thumb pressed against her clit and she jerked in response, a muffled cry breaking free.

I lapped up everything she gave me, drunk on the taste of her, desperate for more, aching to be inside her but knowing that we weren't breaching that line yet. I was okay with it, more than okay with it as I fucked her with my tongue, feeling her legs start to twitch around my head, and her moans grow louder with each thrust.