XI

Eleven

"So you really think he did it?" Genny asked, looking at me through the mirror of the dressing room. I smoothed my hands down the fabric of my cute little dress. Hey, just because it's almost December doesn't mean you can't still dress like summer.

"I mean yeah, I do. I heard what he said loud and clear. When he was in the hall with the other guy, when he threatened me in the stairway, and when he threatened Miss Conner." Genny practically snarled.

"If I get my hands on that asshole-" I cut her off with a stern look.

"Nothing. You'll do nothing. I already told Miss Conner and now she wants to tell the dean. Against my very stern objections." I grumbled, to which she shot me an eyebrow raise.

"I mean, is that really a bad idea? Caleb would be suspended and lose his scholarships. Maybe that would be enough to keep him away." I spun around to face her, my hands on my hips.

"You didn't see the way he looked at me, or the way he spoke to her. If he can beat someone half to death and rape them, I'm definitely not taking any chances with Miss Conner." Her eyes grew sad as she thought about the girl.

But then another eyebrow arched at me. "Okay, but what the hell happened in that classroom? You're acting all protective and possessive of Miss C. It's a little weird dude." She eyed me.

I ran a hand through my hair in agitation. "Nothing happened! Okay well she grabbed my hands and nearly made my ovaries explode," I paused as she snorted in laughter. "And I basically admitted that I had hardcore feelings for her, but other than that nothing happened. She said she would think about it, but she wouldn't make me any promises."

Genny frowned. "I mean don't get me wrong, I love the woman. But I think her professional obligation is to tell the dean. And have you met Miss C? She's as professional as it gets."

"I know." I admitted, sighing. "Hey can we talk about this later? I still have tons of clothes to try on and all this morbid talk is making me bloated." I joked.

She laughed. "Sure, but make it quick. I'm hungry."

It didn't take me long to figure out which outfits to buy, settling on three pairs of pants with somewhat glittery butts, and a few new pairs of Nikes, and some cute sweaters. Genny talked me out of the dress, stating that it was too damn cold and I wasn't Marylyn Monroe and wouldn't pull off the "skirt blowing up" thing. But I ended up finding another one anyway. It was a slinky black number with a slight dusting of silver over the tops and sides. The back was scooped so low that it definitely wasn't considered school appropriate, but was anything really anymore?

"Thank god." Genny groaned as we slid into a booth at RAM, a restaurant built into the mall. The smell of barbecued food made my stomach growl.

"Hey guys! My name is Keely, I'll be your server this afternoon." The pretty brunette spoke, handing us a few menus. Her green eyes smiled at us. "Here are those for you, I'll be back in just a few minutes."

"What're you getting?" I asked as I looked over the menu. Everything looked so good, I didn't know what to get.

"I'll take that waitress for sure." I nearly spit out my water, wiping my chin and glaring at her. She laughed, handing me a napkin. "Really?"

"Really. Anyway, boneless buffalo wings with the sliders. Also with barbecue sauce and ranch on the side." She pointed to where it was on the menu. "Wow that actually looks really good." I appraised.

"Do you just want to split it or...?" She trailed off as she waited for my answer. I nodded. "Yeah we can do that, I'm not all that hungry anyway."

"Okay but you're definitely trying the cupcakes. They're the best in the state here." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine but if I puke I'm blaming you." Her face scrunched up in disgust.

"If you-" Our server returned, interrupting what I was sure was an on-coming insult. I smirked at her in triumph.

"Are we ready to order or do you think you need more time?" I glanced at Genny, who shook her head. "We're good to go." I smiled.

I relayed our order, adding fry sauce and two Pepsi. She beamed at us, tucking her pen behind her ear and sliding her notebook into her apron before taking our menus. "Those'll be right out!"

"Thanks doll." Genny drawled, ghosting her fingers over the girl's as she handed her the menu. The server blushed before turning and speed walking away. I gaped at my bold friend.

"You have no couth." I scolded her, snapping her with the end of my napkin. She gasped and laughed. "What? She's hot! And of the two of us, which one is A: lusting after her teacher, and B: hopelessly and painfully single?"

"How do you do that? You don't even know if she likes girls!"

Genny scoffed, linking her hands behind her head. "That doesn't matter. Women are better in bed than guys."

Now it was my turn to be embarrassed. I was bisexual, but I hadn't experienced sex with either gender yet. She immediately caught the blush on my face and leaned forward, a shocked look on her face.

"Oh my god! You're blushing! Shaylyn Marie Daniels is fucking blushing! You're a freaking virgin?"

I covered her mouth, glaring at her. "Could you be any louder?" I hissed.

"How are you a virgin?" She whispered. I raised a brow at her, slightly offended.

"Do I not look like a virgin?" She seemed at a loss for words as she gestured back and forth to me and herself, sputtering profusely.

"I just...you....holy shit I'm going to faint."

I crossed my arms over my chest and glowered. She hurried forward, sensing my rapidly declining mood. "Oh come on! You ride a freaking motorcycle and dress like Scarlet Johansson, and you're freaking hot. How have you not had sex before?"

The corners of my lips lifted as I shrugged. "Haven't found the right person yet I suppose." Genny was quiet for a moment before her eyes snapped to mine and a slow grin crossed her mouth.

I immediately knew where her thoughts were going and all but lunged around the table to get to her. "Don't even say it." I growled in warning. She busted up into laughter, holding her sides. I held my ground for a moment before joining her.

"Oh man, Miss C is going to have her hands full with you, that's for sure."

Our food came a little while later, and we wasted no time in digging in. Genny flirted effortlessly with our waiter, whilst I dug my face into the food before me like the single person I was. After we finished our food, we ordered two cupcakes and ohmygod they were the best thing I'd ever tasted.

"I think I actually hate you right now." I stated as we walked out of the resturaunt. Genny smiled smugly as she tucked the small piece of paper, a piece of paper that had the phone number of our waitress on it, into her jacket pocket.

"Unbelievable." I shook my head at her.

She just waved me off. "Oh shut up Virgina. Maybe if Miss Conner breaks protocol, that'll change." She wiggled her eyebrows at me suggestively.

I gasped and punched her in the arm as we walked into the parking lot. "Hey! That hurt." She grumbled, rubbing her arm.

"Oh grow-" My sentence came to a halt as we got to her car, my jaw dropping open. "Up." I finished.

We could barely see our reflections through the spiderwebbed glass of the windshield. I reached over and grabbed the note from underneath the wipers, carefully avoiding the glass. I read it out loud, Genny standing stiff beside me.

Next time, it'll be you.

Keep your mouth shut.

Well......I'm just gonna drop this here. :') Don't forget to vote/comment!