Chapter 2: Heading back home

Mae'storm POV

I stood beside my father. He sighed. "You're leaving again?" I asked. He sighed. "Baby, they still want me. They want me because I killed a Yautja for protecting your bearer when she was pregnant with you." He told me. I nodded.

He then gently cupped my face in his hands. "You can use Babylon as a way to talk to me. He can fly long distances. I know because I was the one who gave him to you. I don't want you to worry about me. Granted I'm old but I am not that old." I giggled.

"Mm, only 670 years old." I teased. Dad smiled. "I want to give you something." He handed me a bracelet. I looked at him. "It shows me where you are and your vitals and everything. So if you are injured, I will come to find out why, understand?" I nodded. He then kissed my head softly and he hugged me. I hugged him back.

I got back to the Kingdom and I sighed. Babylon was on my arm. I then saw my sire. "Dad!" He turned. "MAE!" He ran to me and he hugged me tightly. I smiled and hugged him back.

"Where's Jarak?" He asked. "Come on, I'll show you." I said.

He followed me up to Jarak's room who was stumbled into his room. "That was smooth." I said. He stood up. "Shut up. Sire." He nodded respectfully.

I smiled.

I was on my deck late that night and I heard a sound behind me. I turned to see my father. "What are you doing here—" I started to ask.

"Whose baby is it?" He demanded. I sighed. "It's Berserker's." I said. He nodded. "He's in the cells right?" I nodded. "Tel him. He's gonna be mad but he will not stop you from being happy." I sighed. "They executed him last night." I said. Dad looked at me.

(4 months later)

I sighed as I was standing on the deck. I heard a sound on the roof. I turned. Babylon then bent down near me. He sniffed me. "Hey, buddy." I rubbed his snout and he purred. I heard a sound and he growled. I then turned and saw some bad bloods. "There she is!"

I then jumped. "No!"

All of the males were shocked when Babylon flew up with me on his back. He roared and flew off.

Babylon roared as he landed on the castle. He roared and my sire and stepbearer came out. He growled at her. He then turned to me. He gently used his wing and he put me down gently. Once he was sure, I was set down safely, he flew up and vanished.

Sire looked at me. "Bad bloods made a grab for me. I'm lucky he was back." I said. Sire nodded. "Come."

I got inside.

I was running from some bad bloods again when I stopped. All of them surrounded me. One raised a spear.

They threw it and I ducked. Suddenly I heard a roar. I looked. Scar one of my sire's new sons roared as he caught the spear that almost hit me.

There was a louder roar.

Three large dragons roared as they burned through the bad bloods. I widened my eyes.  Babylon then landed beside us. He fired his breathe in front of us.

I saw my stepbearer. "Come on!" Scar hoisted me up first.

He then started to attack the bad bloods from behind. I watched as they fought him. "Scar! Come on!" I yelled.

Suddenly there was a screech. All of us turned.

One of the dragons were hit with a spear in her neck. She screeched.

Babylon roared in distress. She must've been his mother.

The other male dragon caught her in time before she fell into the ocean. He then flew off. "GO! GO, NOW!" Scar yelled.

I turned as he was tackled into the ice. I then looked and saw the leader hrabbing another spear. Stepbearer bent down and Babylon roared as he flew up into the air. He had to turn to miss it.