Chapter 21: Vampire

Mandy Walsh POV

I was sitting down inside and my dad was wiping the blood off my face and hair.

"Here." He put a necklace around my neck. I looked at him. "It will protect you from the sunlight. I stole a lot of them for reasons like this."

I nodded. "It'll be okay. I'll help you control it okay?" I nodded. He then kissed my forehead.

I then rushed inside. King roared as he attacked a walker going for a girl. I grabbed my gun and shot a walker. I then smelled blood. My dad turned. "Come here!"

He lifted me into his arms and took me out. He took me to the tombs. "Mandy. Drink from me. Do it!"

I listened and drank some of his blood. He rubbed my back softly.

I walked outside. I then saw Ellie and she let go of Michonne.

"You have to stay back. Ellie!" She ran into my arms. "Mom, I'm sorry! I didn't see you come out!" She sobbed. "It's okay. I'm fine. But back up." I told her.

She backed up. "I had to use one of the guns beside the gate. I didn't want to."

"I was coming back. I fell." Michonne said. Scales was helping her walk. "You okay?" I asked.

She nodded. "What happened in there?" Maggie asked. They saw one of our own carrying a dead body. I sighed.

"Patrick got sick last night. It's some kind of flu. It moves fast. We think he died and attacked the cell block." I said. Ellie looked down. "Look I know he was your friend and I'm sorry. We lost a lot of good people. Glenn and Hershel were in there. They're okay. I wouldn't get too close to anyone who's been exposed." I said.

Maggie nodded. "Ellie." She turned. "That means you."

I sighed.

I was sitting down in the tower. King was asleep on my lap. I smiled. I rubbed his head softly.

I stood beside Dad as we walked out to the fields. The dragons stood up. Drogon sniffed me. I rubbed his snout and he purred.

I smiled. Babylon then sniffed dad. He smiled. Meleys started to stay out here with the dragons. I then noticed Rhagy and Visy were lonely.

I then turned. "MAGGIE! GLENN! Come here." They came over. "I am trusting that you guys can handle a responsibility like this..."

They nodded. I placed Glenn's hand on Visy's snout. She purred. I saw Dad place Maggie's hand on Rhagy's. I smiled

Maggie and Glenn looked at us. "Every dragon needs a rider. Maggie you are Rhagy's and Glenn you are Visy's. Now that your bonded to them their is nothing they won't do for you." They nodded.

I was checking Drogon's wounds and he stayed still. "Your wings are good, bud. Your chest wounds are healing slowly." I said as I patted his neck. I then rested my forehead on his cheek. He nuzzled into me. I smiled.

I then rubbed underneath his chin softly. He cooed. I knew Drogon was bonded with me just like Babylon was with Dad.

I smiled and kissed Drogon's snout. He purred happily.

Suddenly there were girls yelling for help. Meleys shot up when we heard Ellie. I ran over. Meleys ran to her owner and she comforted her. I then rushed inside. "MANDY!"

I ignored my father's yells. King ran into the place with me.