Chapter 25: family

Ellie Walsh POV

I smiled as me and Scar were balancing on the tracks. "What are you two doing?" Berserker asked. "Winning." I said.

"You wish." I almost fell. "Ha, ha! You spoke too soon."

"Maybe we could speed things up?" Berserker asked. "Yeah... he's right. We shouldn't be playing around— ELLIE!" Scar fell off. I laughed.

"Pay up."

Berserker smiled. Scar then held the candy bars out to me. I took the one he wanted to keep. I split it in half.

"Come on. You know we always share." Scar took it and I smiled.

I was half asleep on Meleys. She was sleeping.

"Where is Mandy?" Scar asked. "She left. Because of King. She was super upset. Drogon stayed."

Scar looked and saw Drogon was asleep beside Meleys. He sighed.

"Ellie is strong. She's stronger than we think—" Berserker tensed when a gun was put to his head.

"You just messed up... you messed up big time." Berserker growled.

I pretended to be asleep when I heard someone talking to Berserker and Scar. I felt scared.

A man then grabbed me. I screamed. Meleys and Drogon shot up growling.

"Don't you touch her!" Berserker snarled angrily. The man yanked him to sit down. Berserker was practically fuming.

I started crying as the man touched my neck with a knife. Scar's face twitched.

He then cut my cheek I started to cry. Suddenly the man slapped me and threw me down. "Joe!" I turned to see Black Terror. He saw me and turned to their leader. "Hold up."

"This is the guy who killed Lou so we got nothing to talk about."

"The thing is we got nothing but time. Say your piece, Terror." Joe said.

"These people... you're gonna let them go. They're really good people." Black terror said. "This man killed our friend."

"I get it. You want blood..." he threw his shotgun down. "Take it from me man. Come on."

"You say he's good people. Now that right there is a lie. IT'S A LIE!"

Someone hit Black Terror. He flinched.

"No!" Berserker tried to get up. "First we're gonna beat Black Terror to death. Then we'll have The little girl. Then Scar. Then I'm gonna shoot you."

The man shoved me to the ground.

"Let her go..." Berserker growled. Joe just laughed.

I heard a gunshot go off as Berserker threw his head back. He winced as it hurt. The man then grabbed his belt I felt terrified.

Jo grabbed Berserker. "What are you gonna do now, Champ?"

Both sides of Berserker's cheeks opened as he locked on Joe's neck. He gasped. Berserker let him go. He turned to the man holding me. He put his knife to my neck. "I'll kill her! I WILL KILL HER!"

"Drop it!" He didn't have the chance before Meleys grabbed him. Drogon grabbed the other half.

They then ripped the man in half as they ate their halves. I watched shocked. Berserker got over to me. "Ellie. Baby. Are you okay?" He asked me softly as he rubbed my cheek softly. I started crying and he hugged me tightly. "It's okay. Shh. It's okay. I'm here." I sobbed on his chest. "It's okay..."