Chapter 11: Moving in/ Escaped

Mandy POV

I stood beside my dad at Dale's funeral.

Berserker knocked a walker down and he kicked it constantly. He then backed up. Everyone started to kick the walker.  Berserker grabbed his axe. He then slammed it on the walkers head and it died.

I held onto my father's arm.

I sighed as I was sitting with Drogo. He was half asleep. I then saw Dad walk up. "Hey. What are you doing?" He asked.

"Laying with Drogo. I haven't been able to spend much time with him." I said. Dad nodded. Drogo then yawned and he nudged me. I stood up. He stood up and roared.

I smiled. Drogo then nuzzled me softly. He then flew off to go hunt for food. I then walked up to the house with dad. "Berserker!" He turned when we heard Rick call out to him.

"When I'm out with Daryl, I want you and Wolf to keep an eye around things." Rick said.

Dad turned. "Me?"

"Shane's got a way of letting things get out of hand, especially when he's all torqued up."

"I think we're all a little torqued up." Dad said.

"If you're staying here permanently then he's got to understand it's mine and Rick's way." Hershel said.

"You've become close." Rick said. "We talk." Dad said. "Then you know he's not just a bad guy. He's just his own enemy."

"You want me to babysit Shane? I already have to babysit my own daughter." Dad grumbled. "I just need to know that every time I leave the farm all hell doesn't break loose."

"Maybe you should stop leaving." Dad stated.

Me and him walked off. "Will you keep an eye on things?"

"Of course."

"SHANE!" I chanted as I ran over to him. "Hey, girl. Whatcha doing?"

"Nothing. I'm bored. Thought I'd come see you." Shane smiled. Carl then walked over. "If um— if I tell you something, do you promise not to tell my parents."

"That's a bad idea for both of us, bud." Carl walked off. Shane sighed. "Hey, Carl...? Come on back."

He walked over. Shane sat beside me. "What is it?"

Carl pulled out a gun. "I took it from Daryl's motorcycle." I looked at it. Shane cocked it back. "What we're you doing with this?" Shane asked.

"It's my fault— Dale. It's my fault he died." Carl said. "Carl, why would you say that? He got bit by a walker!" I said.

"I saw that walker. I was gonna shoot it." Shane sighed. "I got scared. It was stuck in the mud. But it got free and came after me."

"Carl, you need to hold onto this. You need to protect yourself. Now look, I'm not always gonna be around to protect you and Mandy."

Carl refused to take it.

I sighed. Shane then turned to me. "Go back to the house, Kiddo." I nodded and got to the house.

I got over to see Lori trying to lift a box. "Don't strain yourself." I said. "We're both pregnant, Mandy." I smiled. "My children'll be fine. Let me take it." She nodded. "Rick, Carl, and I are taking the corner of the living room." I nodded. Hershel opened the door for me. "You can put that in my room." I nodded.

Berserker saw Shane. He sighed.

He walked over. "Wouldn't that be easier if you waited for some help?" He yelled at him. "Ain't no use waiting for something that ain't gonna come. Nah, I'll just do it myself."

"Yeah, just like the time you fixed Rick's sink."

Shane chuckled. "Just so you know that was not the reason your basement flooded. You can thank Rick for that— using rubber washers with a metal pipe."

"Please come down." Berserker said softly. Shane climbed down. He then turned to him. "So after Sophia, I— I thought 'We'll figure this out.' You know, we'll heal somehow." Berserker said leaning against the car.

"But after Dale? This is real. And we can't... keep it at bay. It's already got us. And it just keeps coming. I made a mess of things. I put you and Rick at odds. I do know one thing. I love you, Shane. But we are toxic. You saved me when I thought I lost my baby girl. I never thanked you for that. Even though things got confused between us. You were there for me. You were there for me. Thank you."

"Berserker... you don't need to thank me for that."

"Of course I do. Whatever we have... it's real. I love you. There is no one in the world that ever has loved me the way you have." Berserker said. Shane then turned and kissed Berserker on the lips. He was shocked but kissed Shane back.

I was sitting with Wolf as I saw Dad and Shane get out of his car. I looked at Dad. Shane stormed off. Dad sighed. "Shane..." he turned to Dad. They spoke for a few seconds and dad had a loving look in his eyes when he spoke to Shane. 

Him and Shane spoke for a few seconds. I smiled. My dad finally found someone for him.

I was sitting inside with the others. I then sneaked outside. I got into the fields and I saw Shane arguing with Rick. Dad was trying to calm him. "Shane? What's going on?" I asked.

Him and Dad turned to me. "Mandy. Go back to the house!" Shane snapped. "No. What's going on?" I asked. Shane looked at me. "Don't do this. Please. I already lost one father figure I can't lose another one." I said. Shane looked at me softly.

"Give me the gun." Dad said softly. Shane handed him the gun. Dad handed it to me and he hugged Shane tightly.

"Come on. Let's go back to the farm..."

We started to walk back.