Chapter 11: The Lonely Grave

We arrived at the Wakefield Cemetery...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boy in white slowly opened the gate to the cemetery. Its rusted iron doors creaked open with a loud shriek as The boy in white motioned for me to follow him inside. 

As my shoes hit the once familiar grass, I felt a chill crawl up my spine.

"What are we doing here?" I thought to myself. "I thought he was going to take me to see Randy?"

Confused I continued to follow The boy in white as he lead me further and further into the fields of the cemetery. Old graves and new we continued to walk deeper in the cemetery. 

My breath quickened, as the muddy earth smeared all along my sneakers with each arriving step. 

"Is he going to kill me?" I wondered. "Could he really kill me if he's already dead?" 

My mind continued to wander as I tried to make sense of what was happening. The raven still sat perched on The boy in whites shoulder staring back at me when I lifted my head. Our eyes met and for a moment the feeling that something bad was going to happen swayed over me almost knocking me to the floor, but just as it was there it was soon gone. I felt like I had been pulled into a trance mindlessly following The boy in white. An eerie silence took over as no words were exchanged at all. The harsh October wind swept my hair in my face as I pulled Randy's sweater closer around me. 

Without notice The boy in white swiftly stopped staring at one grave in particular. He turned and looked back at me his (or I guess my) eyes stared back tranquillizing me into place. 

"Were here" he whispered.

"Why are we here?" I asked more confused than ever. 

Without replying he stepped aside to show me the grave we had stopped at.

It was fairly new with a name I never thought I would live to see on it...

"Randy Smith, 1968-1985: Beloved son and friend" it read. 

My legs started to tremble as I could feel them start to give out. 

My knees hit the muddy grass in front of Randy's grave as my body fell numb with guilt. 

"Wha-t-t why-y how?" My lips trembled.

"It's all our fault" The boy in white whispered back with glossy eyes. 

He placed an icy hand on my shoulder, "We did this to him."

His words rang through my head making me feel a bit nauseous.

"How-w-w?" I questioned. "I would NEVER do this to him, he's my best friend... he's all I have besides Danny..."

My eyes refused to look at the grave any longer and fell to the grass. I started to pick at it puling out weeds and clovers. My eyes bleed with pain, as the tears spilt over and flowed down my face like a river escaping a dam. My mind tangled with thoughts like a spiders web as sobs wracked my body. I felt as though my lungs were starting to crush in on themselves as they impaled through my heavy heart. 

"It was on October 21..." The boy in white began, "The night you or I guess we got attacked by the wolves... we woke up here because the wish came true for us but... for Randy well he didn't make that wish so he was stuck there without us in the woods. He bled out and died that same morning we woke up here." 

I shifted my position so I could look at my leg, the wound was finally almost healed leaving a nasty scar as remembrance behind. Memories of that night came flooding back through my mind