Bonus Chapter 20: No Plot

You all can thank Snowstar101 for this bonus chapter. All of her comments in my books are wiping away my writer's block. Thanks. ❤

Minerva's face glistened with sweat and turned a deep shape of purple as her body trembled with effort and concentration. Her legs were spread shoulder-width apart and bent just enough to ensure that she'd not break her legs if the weight above her decided to fall with lethal force.

Another nanoclik passed before one of the blood vessels in her eyes popped, spreading red throughout the white of her eye. Tears streamed down her face, gathering just above her open mouth where shaky breaths turned the air in front of her white.

Black dots began to taint her vision, turning the world into a wobbly scene of gray. Her head spun and every moment that passed, her struggled to maintain the confidence that she would not drop the weight. She had survived worse torture in her own mind and she could survive this too.

"Someone get over here!"

The weight was suddenly lifted and Minerva collapsed to the ground, oxygen surging into her like a newly broken dam after a hurricane. She gasped and rolled over, covering her mouth with her hand in an effort not to puke.

A hand grasped onto her arm tightly, pulling her out from beneath the weight right before her teammates dropped it. The concrete beneath it cracked.

"Did they all make it out?" Minerva stumbled to her feet and looked up.

A group of people, caked in dirt and blood, looked up at her in wonder, their faces bright with hope and admiration. Minerva turned her attention to the man beside her.

"Yes ma'am. This is all of them."

Minerva nodded. "Good. Find a high point and look out for hostiles. Private Lennox, call for a bird. Let's get these people out of this hell hole."

"Yes ma'am!"

Minerva turned toward the rescued slaves and smiled gently. She was certain that she looked crazy after all the action today, but these people needed kind words after what they went through.

"Is anyone badly hurt?"

After a moment of hesitation, she received severals shaking heads. A small boy stepped forward and looked up at her, his eyes wide.

"I've heard about you," he realized. "You're that lady on the news!"

Minerva smiled kindly. "That's how you know you're in good hands."

Private Lennox stepped up beside her. "They are on their way."

Minerva took the little boy's hand in her own. "You ready to be free?"

His eyes widened.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

M

inerva finished showering and headed outside. Her base was full of action as soldiers ran back and forth, tending to all the necessary jobs they were responsible for. She pulled her hair into a ponytail as she walked past, eyes trained on a large compound just outside the main facility.

It didn't take long for her to reach the building. With a flash of her security card, the lock flashed green and allowed her inside. Minerva pushed the door open and paused, her eyebrows raised at the scene before her.

"Whatever you think you saw," Megatron pushed Optimus off of his lap. "It was an illusion."

"The weird thing is that you swear I'm hallucinating practically every time I walk into this building, but my therapist tells me I'm sane," Minerva walked further inside and smirked.