Guilt

Annie's POV

The sun's rays were streaming through my half-opened window, disturbing my peaceful sleep. Groaning, I opened my sleepy eyes, trying to adjust to the brightness of a new day.

Suddenly, a flashback from last night hit me. Wait, I fell into the pool and hit my head. I couldn’t remember anything after that. What happened? My head is throbbing. Oh no, Suga punched Jungkook in the face. Oh my god, it wasn’t his fault; it was my clumsiness that caused me to fall. It’s my daily routine to trip every ten minutes. But what should I do now? He must hate me even more. I have to explain everything to him.

Author's POV

Today, they were heading back to Seoul. Everyone was packing their bags. Annie heard a soft knock on her door. The person entered after hearing her invitation to come in. Suga was standing there.

"O Suga-shi, please come in," she said, smiling softly. He walked forward and stood near her.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked, concerned.

"I’m totally fine," she replied with a smile. Suga raised his hand and gently touched her bandaged forehead.

"Does it hurt?" he cooed softly.

"No, no, I’m really fine," she assured him, starting to fidget with her fingers. Suga sensed that she wanted to say something.

"What is it? Do you want to say something?" he asked firmly.

"Actually, Suga-shi, it wasn’t Mr. Jeon’s fault last night. I lost my balance and fell into the water. In fact, he helped me out of the pool," she explained sincerely.

"Really?" he asked, shocked. Now he regretted not listening to Jungkook. He had lost control when he saw Annie’s unconscious body. He couldn’t understand why she mattered so much to him, especially since they had barely known each other for a week. Why had he reacted so intensely? He had spent the whole night searching for answers and now sighed deeply.

"Okay, come downstairs quickly. Everyone is waiting for you. We need to leave," he said softly and left.

Annie packed her things, feeling a deep sense of guilt. She needed to apologize to Jungkook. They had a bond like brothers, and now that Suga had hit him, Jungkook must be deeply hurt.

They all gathered in the parking area.

"So, guys, we will go in these two cars. Jin-hyung, Hobi-hyung, Jimin, and I will be in this one, and Jungkook, Taehyung, and Suga-hyung will be in the other one," RM announced.

"Annie?" Suga asked about her. Everyone was surprised. Suga never used first names; he always used formal titles. It was the first time they had heard him address someone so softly. Jungkook clenched his jaw, his eyes filled with anger and hatred as he glared at Annie, who was already staring back at him.

"Oh, she’ll go in the staff’s car with the other staff members," RM said, smiling.

"She’s hurt. It would be better if she went with us," Jimin suggested.

"Jimin is right," Jin agreed.

"In which car will she go?" Taehyung asked.

"We don’t have space in our car. Annie, can you please come in the other car?" J-Hope asked.

"Of course," Annie replied softly.

"So, let’s go, everyone," RM said. They all got into their cars and left.

"I’ll drive," Jungkook said, his face emotionless. Annie wanted to apologize, but he wasn’t giving her a chance. Suga stopped Jungkook and spoke hesitantly.

"Jungkook, I... I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have acted that way. Please forgive me," Suga said, his voice trembling.

"It’s okay, hyung. You had the right to hit me, but your reason was unreasonable," Jungkook replied, glaring at Annie. Annie felt a pang of fear and sat in the back seat of the car. Taehyung joined her in the back seat, while Yoongi sat in the passenger seat beside Jungkook.

The car ride was filled with silence. Jungkook focused on the road, while Annie stared at him through the mirror. Little did she know, someone was watching her every move.

Jungkook dropped Annie off at her home but didn’t glance at her. Taehyung and Yoongi said goodbye and told her to take care of herself. Annie waited for Jungkook to say something, but he didn’t even look at her. They drove away.

At home, Annie told her sister, Somi, everything.

"Poor Jungkook-shi, you should apologize to him, unnie," Somi said sadly.

"I know. I’ll apologize to him tomorrow at the company," Annie sighed. She couldn’t bear to see that much hatred in Jungkook’s eyes and was desperate to make things right.

"Okay, let’s sleep. Good night, unnie," Somi said, lying down on her bed.

"Good night, sweetie," Annie said, lying down beside her. Her mind was still preoccupied with Jungkook’s angry eyes, and she anxiously awaited the morning.

**The Next Morning**

Annie worked tirelessly throughout the day, trying to keep her mind off the situation. She planned to visit the rehearsal room to apologize, but time slipped away. As evening approached, she decided to find Jungkook and make her apology.

As she was about to leave, the office door burst open, and a furious Jungkook stormed in. Annie was startled by his appearance. His eyes were red with anger. She stood up from her chair, but before she could speak, Jungkook grabbed her arms and pinned her against the wall.

"Why the hell did you do this?" he yelled, his grip painfully tight.

"What are you talking about? I didn’t do anything," she replied, her voice trembling. Jungkook tightened his hold, causing her to yelp in pain.

"You’re hurting me, Mr. Jeon. Please let me go," she pleaded, trying to push him away. Jungkook seized her wrists and pinned them above her head, tears welling up in her eyes from the pain.

"You’re hurting? What about me?" he screamed. Annie was confused, unsure if his anger was directed at her or if it was a reaction to what Suga had done.

He applied more pressure on her wrists, making her moan in pain.

"Jungkook, please…" she begged.

As soon as she uttered his name, something shifted in his heart. Despite his anger, hearing his name on her lips felt strangely soothing. He released her wrists, and she began to rub them.

"What have I done?" she asked through her tears.

"You’ve done whatever you wanted. Now it’s my turn. Miss Kim Annie, be prepared for my revenge. I won’t spare you. I’ll make your life a living hell," he said through gritted teeth.

"Just wait and see!" Jungkook said ominously before storming out of the room...