Chapter 1: The Confession

Udaipur, India...
In one of the biggest palaces of the nation...

Someone opens the door of a room. Since the room was completely dark, the person opening the door, switches the lights on.

Beside the bed, there was a beautiful girl sitting on the floor.

"Meenu....." said that person. The girl doesn't respond to this voice.

"Meenakshi...." said the person sitting down on the floor beside her.

The girl lifts her head up from the bed but her eyes were still facing the floor. "Meenu... I love you" said the man.

Meenu a.k.a Meenakshi looks at the man.
The man's eyes get filled with tears on looking at Meenakshi's face. Her face and eyes were completely red and dried up. She was in tears for the past four hours.

This was making his blood pressure rise and his heart sink. He was not able to express all this.

The man who was here to wipe her tears, was Arjun, Meenakshi's husband. She had got forcibly married to him a few hours ago.

Arjun slowly raises his hand to wipe her tears. Meenakshi starts moving away from Arjun as soon as she realises who the man sitting in front of her was.

Arjun starts speaking up. "Meenu... listen up. I'm not here to force you for anything. I am just here to speak with you. I know I've never...."

He stops speaking as he sees Meenakshi's hand gesture which was signalling him to shut up.

"The devil of the business world and the prince of Udaipur. The second most powerful and influential person of the nation. He wasn't able to control the situation when someone made a commoner his wife! Wah!! Commendable!!!" Said Meenakshi.

These were the first words that she spoke after silence and starvation of about 7 hours.

"Meenu...." said Arjun.
"Just tell me your purpose of visit" said Meenakshi. She was extremely helpless and tiered. Her voice was enough to showcase her feelings.

"Your parents and brother have landed in Udaipur. They will be home in about 10 minutes. I wanted to convey that. My parents also wanted to talk to you about our marriage. They are waiting to receive your parents. Please come along. We shall find a solution for this....." explaied Arjun.

Meenakshi just gets up and walks away.

*****
What circumstances forced Meenakshi and Arjun to get married? What would be their future???