Chapter 11: as fat as watermelon

Meenakshi stops and slowly starts  massaging his shoulders. "Meenaksh... what has happened to your strength? You've become gentle today. I think you are also tiered. Do one thing, I'll fresh up and come back in 5 minutes. Serve me my dinner and go back to sleep...." says the person. He gets up and goes towards the staircase.

"Oh... this is a person....! Thank God it's not a ghost. Anyways, who ever it is, he is hungry. Let me serve food to him... I'll go to sleep after this" says Meenakshi to herself and moves towards the kitchen again.

Meenakshi goes into the kitchen to search for ingredients to make something. She doesn't understand what is put where. What she finds is the dinner made at 9pm. She currently has no option but to heat that up and serve him. Else, she will have to wake Malvika up as Malvika is the only person who cooks in this kitchen for family.  Other chefs are restricted to the kitchen built in the other side of the palace to cook for the rest of the workers.

She wonders who this person is and why there is no servant or Malvika up when they know that this man is gonna come home.

She starts heating the dinner. She makes it tastier by adding spices to it. When she reaches the table, she sees that man resting on the table with his head on the table. She slowly places the dishes on the table and the man lifts his head up.

"Arjun.....?" says Meenakshi.
"Meenakshi....?" says Arjun. Yes, that man was none other than Arjun.

"Why are home at this odd hour...?"
"Was totally busy with a few foreign clients. I totally forgot about the program and I scheduled all the meetings. Now, I have no option but to finish the work for two days in a few hours...."

"Oh ohh... you must be tiered. Finish your food and go to bed...." says Meenakshi serving the food into Arjun's plate.
"Yeah.... but why are awake till now? Where is that Meenaksh?" says Arjun looking at the delicious food.

"Who is this Meenaksh? You were calling out to him.... I thought you were me...."

Arjun starts eating and Meenakshi sits opposite to him.
"That's my personal servant. He stays up everytime I'm late. The food is yummy... extremely delicious...  why did you do the cooking again? Wait... how my time was I asleep? You were able to cook everything and get it... it means I would have been asleep atleast for an hour... right?"

"Wrong... I didn't cook but I just reheated the food cooked by your mom....."
"There is a lot of difference in the taste...."

"I spiced it up...."
"Yum... really.... it would just take me 6 months to get as fat as watermelon if I have such delicious food everyday....."

Both of them have a hearty laugh.