Chapter 14: Romance in the rain

He reaches the backyard of the palace to see Meenakshi practicing Kathak. While he was in the first floor balcony, Meenakshi was in the garden. Arjun was looking at her mesmerizing moments.

Arjun had developed interest in Indian classical dance forms only after knowing that Meenakshi is into them. But after looking at Meenakshi's performance, Arjun makes his mind up not to let Meenakshi leave dance. Weather it is by hook or by crook.

He was watching her and also clicking a few pictures and videos. This went on for about half an hour. Meenakshi did neither see, nor mind.

Suddenly, it started raining. Despite not being cats and dogs, it was quite heavy. But Meenakshi was still happy and continued to dance. Arjun steps back as he was also getting drenched in the rain. But, when he notices that Meenakshi was playing and dancing in the rain, he rushes down.

The servants working in the ground floor were totally astonished to see their boss in a sleeveless tshirt and a pair of shorts. On top of it, he was rushing towards the rain! All the servants were staring at him.

He rushes and holds Meenakshi's hand, pulls her towards himself and says, "just get in...."

"Let's dance Arjun, it's fun...." says Meenakshi.

"Let's go in... We will have to leave for the temple as well...."

"We will... But after five minutes...." says Meenakshi with a cute puppy face. When she feels that Arjun is convinced, she gets his hand off her and starts enjoying the rain.

She forces Arjun to dance with her. Arjun gets busy in his imagination while dancing with Meena. His heart was romancing with her while his hands and legs were in control. After about 10 minutes of getting drenched in the rain, Meenakshi begins to sneeze. This brings Arjun out of his world.

Arjun lifts her up in his arms and walks in. "Arjun... Let me stand... It looks awkward. Everyone is staring at us..." says Meenakshi.

"It's alright...." says Arjun and puts her onto his left shoulder and holds her with his left hand. With his right, he snips twice. All the servants leave the place.

He just drops her on the floor and asks her to get the water off her clothes. He also turns towards the other side. Both of them wring their clothes. Arjun holds her hand and takes her till the room.