Chapter 13: the debate

"Meenakshi.... what are you doing in my room??" asked Arjun.

"Arjun... that question must be mine...." said Meenakshi.

"This room is mine....." said Arjun.

"Can't you see my suitcase??"
"Open the closet my darling...."
"Are you serious....." says the confused Meenakshi
"Yes, I am..." replies Arjun with a smile. An awkward silence persists for a minute.

"How did you end up here?" asks Arjun gently.
"This is the fourth time I'm coming to your palace. Pruthvi just tells me occupy the room next to that of his. I occupied this. I never knew it was yours..." says Meenakshi. She doesn't have the courage to look into his eyes.

"He meant the room on the other side. Not this.... anyways, I'm fine with it. Just sleep for some more time. I'll get into the guest room......"

"Hey... Please don't do that. You came home late in the night. I'll get ready for my dance practice. You sleep.... And I'm sorry. I'll shift my stuff into the other room...."

"You can do it after we return from Kashi..."

"Thank you. Good night...  I mean, good morning...."
"Good night and good morning..." replies Arjun with a smile.

"Great smile...." says Meenakshi and walks into the bathroom to get ready.

Arjun just falls onto the bed. He was on cloud 9. He starts recollcting every moment from previous 5 hours. He was just not able to sleep.

After about 15-20 minutes, he sees Meenakshi coming out of the washroom in a floral anarkali dress with her hair loosely plaited. Her dressing was making Arjun's heart run. Arjun pretends to sleep. She just takes a look at him and silently walks away with her mobile and ear phones. Arjun opens his eyes after he understands that Meenakshi has left the room.

"I wish I was atleast concious... I missed a chance of staring at my sleeping beauty like a movie protagonist...." says Arjun to himself.

Arjun slowly starts following Meenakshi to she what she was upto. He generally roams well dressed in the palace. But today, the scene was quite different. He was just wearing a pair of shorts and a sleeveless tshirt which was his preferred night dress. He also restricted this kind of dressing to his bedroom. But today, the scene was different.
Arjun was roaming in the palace with such clothes and the servants were all shocked.