Chapter 20: Relationship can never be forced

"For me to call you my husband, you will have to win my heart...." These words of Meenakshi were making butterflies fly in Arjun's stomach. He was blushing as if there was no tomorrow.

He immediately calls Kushal and asks him to find out the complete schedule of Meenakshi from her college.

Arjun was extremely happy and delighted. He was just not letting Meenakshi go out of his sight. He was silently following her everywhere.

There was a person who was unhappy about this as well. It was Maanas. He was not able to understand why Meenakshi was accepting this marriage while she is in love with someone else. As he didn't know the complete story of the past three days, he wasn't able to understand what made Meenakshi get suicidal thoughts. He asks Pruthvi, but Pruthvi was also sailing in the same boat.

He wanted to talk to Meenakshi but his parents were around and he wasn't able to ask her anything in front of them.

Meenakshi goes into Arjun's room and starts packing her stuff. Arjun just follows her and stands near the door. Meenakshi finishes her packing in about half an hour. At the end, after closing her luggage bags, she finds her favourite pair of earrings lying in on Arjun's dressing table. She had left them there when she got wet in the rain. 

Meenakshi goes to the dressing table and takes those earrings into her hand only to see them damaged. They were a pair of black metal earrings and they were damaged as they weren't dried immediately after getting wet.

Arjun notices Meenakshi becoming sad. "Can you leave them here.... I will look at them whenever I wish to see you. I can't come down to Delhi as, I don't want to disturb your studies...." says he walking towards her.

Meenakshi just leaves them there and as she lifts her head up, she sees the vermillion in her forehead through the mirror. It is the representation of a married Indian woman. This kinda frustrates her as she was always wanting to be a free bird. She had no thoughts of marriage. This marriage was forced onto her. She accepting her fate is all together a different story as she wasn't mentally prepared for this.

Arjun notices the change in her expression. He understands what the situation is and immediately rushes towards the washroom. He gets a wet towel from there. He stands behind Meenakshi and turns her towards the mirror. Meenakshi was now able to see Arjun through the mirror.

He gently places the wet towel on her forehead and removes the vermillion. "Arjun... You shouldn't...." says Meenakshi and the rest of her words were don't come out of her mouth as Arjun had covered her lips with the very same wet towel.

"Relationship can never be forced. The day you accept me as your husband whole heartedly, you can apply all such stuff. You have promised me and remember that" says Arjun. Meenakshi then notices Arjun's left hand in her hand.

"What kind of a person is he... " says she in her mind.