Chapter 16: Smile often

He tries to cover his words by saying, "My brother is my loved one. You are his best friend and hence a loved one. Loved one of a loved one is a loved one... So you are my... My loved one...." says Arjun.

"Ah... ? Whatever...." replies Meenakshi as she hadn't understood the reason. She sneezes again.

"Uff... U're safe!" said Arjun in his mind.

"Tell me... What kind of medicine can I give you...." says Arjun. His concern for her was actually pulling Meenakshi mind towards him. She hadn't experienced such affection from Arpit. Arpit was generally busy with his books and never expressed any concern or such deep interest towards her. It was all Meenakshi's one side movement, care, love and affection.

"I will have some warm milk without sugar and with some turmeric and black pepper powder ....." says Meenakshi.

"It will take a lot of time for you to recover. Let us both stay here without attending the ritual. We can visit the temple next year...." said Arjun texting someone.

"Arjun... Shall I tell you something... If you take medicine for cold/cough, you'll get better in a week but if you don't take any, you'll get better in seven days....." says Meenakshi.

Arjun was happy hearing his name from Meenakshi. When he actually understood, he couldn't refrain from smiling.

"What a dialogue sir ji!!" said Arjun with a smile. "It's actually not mine... It's the Superstar Rajnikant's dialogue from the film Chandramukhi" replies Meenakshi.

Arjun smiles. "Keep smiling Arjun. You look great....!" says Meenakshi moving towards the washroom for a dress change.

"Hey wait.... your milk will be here. Atleast, have it and go... Dry your hair before that..." says Arjun pointing towards the hair drier.

Meenakshi just follows Arjun's words. She was able to feel multiple relations with Arjun. She was finding a brother, a father, a friend and a boyfriend in him. She was quite confused and keeps thinking about it while drying her hair.

"What kind of confusion is this ?? Why am I thinking about Arjun in another perspective? If I'm able to find a better soulmate in Arjun, it definitely means I don't like Arpit.... How is this even possible? I've been in love with him for the past three years... but Arjun .. he is actually different in person. It's not the same one who argues over the phone...." Meenakshi's thoughts break when she hears a knock at the door.