Chapter 18: Angry Aakanksha

Arjun narrates Meenaksh's story.
"Meenaksh's mother was expecting a girl child and wanted to name her Meenakshi. Unexpectedly, she died in labor. His father named him Meenakshi despite he being a male. His father passed away when he was three. He changed his name to Meenaksh.."

"How did he come to you then? While all other workers are scared of approaching you, he is absolutely fearless.." asked Meenakshi.

"I had found him crying near a Lake when he was four. When I put my hand on his shoulder to console him, he was not ready to let go of it.... From then on, he is staying with me...." said Arjun.

"Then, why didn't you let him study? Why did he remain a mere servant??" asked Meenakshi.

"He somehow didn't want to study. Upon me pressurising him, he started going to school.
I wanted him to pursue some technology related courses and join my business. But he didn't agree to it. He is currently pursuing his graduation in English literature. He only attends necessary classes in his college. Rest of the time, he keeps travelling with me or works for me or the palace. I ensure that he isn't over burdened with work...."

Meenakshi smiles.  Arjun passes on the glass of milk to Meenakshi and she finishes it.

****

By then, in the present time, there is a knock at the door. "Ms. Meenakshi, your parents are waiting for you..... " says Meenaksh.

Meenakshi nods her head and leaves the bedroom. Pruthvi and Maanas follow her. Aakanksha sits on the bed biting her nails. "I  am not gonna leave that bitch.... She claims to love my brother and wants to spend her life with her friend's brother.... She is  playing with people.... If my brother's eyes shed a single tear, I'll make her life hell.... The biggest problem of mine is that, she is the only source to my brother's current location.  I will have to live my life on her terms until I find my brother.... The day I find my brother, I will teach her a lesson.... " says Aakanksha to herself.