Chapter 15: Loved one

"I'll change and come...." says Meenakshi heading towards the washroom.

"Um.. wait... First take your medicine, after that, just do whatever you want to" replies Arjun.

"No... I hate them... Anyways, I've just sneezed twice till now...." says Meenakshi sneezing again. "Okay, it's thrice..." says she.

"Hey... Don't you dare debate...  Just take the medicine...." said Arjun. No doubt he was getting serious.

"Okay, wait.... I'll tell you the truth... I'm allergic to such medicines. So very allergic that within a span of 20 minutes, I'll lose my life.... My heart will stop."  Meenakshi stopped speaking suddenly as Arjun's palm was on her lips. He was seriously looking into her eyes.

She was shocked. "Don't you ever speak about death.... Specially, yours... I cannot bear it..." said he.

She was just loosing herself looking into his eyes. There was unusual attraction that Meenakshi was experiencing. Arjun who was madly in love with Meenakshi was so terrified with the thought of losing her that he was not ready to take his palm off her lips. He was scared that if Meenakshi would complete her statement, it would happen for sure.  How crazy people turn when they're in love!

A message tone makes both of them conscious. He takes his palm off her lips and she takes her eyes off him.

"That was just a piece of reality in my life... Why won't you be able to bear with it...." asked Meenakshi breaking the awkwardness among them.

"How can someone even bear the thought of losing their loved ones??" replied Arjun without thinking much.

"Loved ones??" asked Meenakshi.

"Oops Arjun... What did you say?? She is now either gonna screw you up or go get the root of the conversation....." said Arjun to himself slowly. Meenakshi wasn't able to hear anything.

****
Will Meenakshi ever understand Arjun's feelings?