Chapter 12: On the same bed

Meenakshi accompanies Arjun, while, he  finishes his food. This was probably the first time in fifteen years that both of them have had a pleasant conversation. Otherwise, it was all a cat fight.

Both of them get up and move towards the upper floor.
"Really Meenu... this was a pleasant evening... I've had yummy food... tummy full...  with great company. I'm in love... love with this evening.... We are a good pair.... I mean a good pair of friends..." says Arjun. He was trying to control his words so that he wouldn't go confess his love.

"Why just good? It would be great!" says Meenakshi.

They both reach Arjun's room but just then, he gets a call.
"Ah... can't anyone let me sleep....?" sighs Arjun. It was 2am in the morning and he had to take a client call.

"Shall I attend it?" asks Meenakshi.
"Attend and do what?" asks Arjun.
"Simple. I'll tell them my boss is asleep."
"My boss will hit me hard then..."
"You are the boss, right...."
"No... my mom...."
"Your dad?"
"It's a call for Thakur textiles. It's whole and sole owner is my mom... Let me receive the call before it cuts. Go sleep..."  says Arjun receiving the call.

Meenakshi sits there for a long time but Arjun manages to send her into room. Arjun goes into the balcony to finish his call.

Meenakshi goes into the room and instantly falls asleep. Arjun also gets into the room and dozes off.

After a while. An alarm disturbs Meenakshi's beauty sleep. "Maanas Bhai.... switch the alarm off...  Let me sleep...." says Meenakshi.

"Ah... Maa Saa... I reached home at 1:30 in the morning. Please let me sleep.... Go wake your monkey up...." says Arjun turning around. He pulls something towards himself and covers him self well with the blanket.

Meenakshi feels someone next to her and then feels as if her head is on a hard substance and not on her soft pillow. She also feels a strong hold on her waist. Arjun also feels that he is holding something else and not a pillow. He feels the weight on his chest and right hand and something soft in his left hand.

This strange sense of touch wakes both of them up only to see them sleeping on the same bed. They realised that they were happily sleeping in each other's arms on the same bed for the past three and a half hours.

"Why are you here...??" both of them shout at once and jump out of the bed.

****