11

Hello :D

   "Let's go!" Lloyd shouted, carrying Zane as he raced for the Bounty. Kai slowly bent down and picked Cole up. His expression was murderous. Jay and Nya ran with each other and Pixal hovered the Bounty just above the floor. 
   "Quickly!" She yelled. Oni streamed out of the cave, screaming and chasing after them. "Hurry!" Lloyd was first over, then Kai, Nya and finally Jay. He shivered in Nya's arms as the Destiny's Bounty flew up into the air. 
   "It grabbed my leg... it was horrible..." He whispered. "I feel so bad for Cole..." He fell silent as he got a proper look at his best friend's face. Pixal was crouched over him, and Kai was just sat silently beside him. 
   "He'll be ok..." Pixal sighed in relief. Kai's shoulders hunched and he bowed over Cole's body. 
   "Thank you..." His voice shook and he held Cole's hand tightly. 

   For the rest of the day, the ninja were quiet and anxious. Kai spent every minute by Cole's side, he didn't even eat. 'I'll die before I eat one fucking meal without Cole' is what he'd said when Nya begged him to eat something. 
   "Kai... are you ok?" Jay asked gingerly. "Do you want some water..?" He asked, holding up a water bottle. 
   "No." Kai stared blankly at Cole's face. Jay fidgeted awkwardly as if he wanted to say something but decided against it and left hastily. Kai didn't move. He looked like he was going to die. "Hnngh..." He pressed his face into Cole's bed, his shoulders shook. "Wake... up... hic- p-please... hic..." He sobbed quietly. "P-please..." His voice shook. "PLEASE!!" He shouted in frustration. "Please-!" Kai's voice was hoarse but he just cried harder into Cole's hand. It was a beautiful day outside. Winter was settling in and snow was drifting in from the mountains. The air was cool and dry. It was the same as every year before, except that every year before, the monastery doors were intact and there wasn't such a gloomy atmosphere. Kai wanted nothing more than to burn all the snow from the mountains and leave them in burning mounds, but he didn't want to leave Cole for a moment more. "Cole... hic..." He kissed the back of Cole's hand gently. 
   "My, my... you're really... worried about me... aren't you?" Kai's head bolted up. His face scrunched and his eyes began to pour. 
   "COLE!!" He jumped on top of Cole and hugged him as if he would fade from his arms if he didn't. "Cole... hngh... ngh, hic-" he wailed into Cole's shoulder. 
   "Haha..." Cole laughed weakly. "Did I make you worry? I'm sorry..." he gently hugged Kai back and closed his eyes. "I'm so fucking sorry..." Cole voice wavered and he bit his lip. His eyes welled with tears. "I'm so sorry..." He whispered. Kai sniffled. "Ah-!" Cole jumped and looked at Kai. "Why'd you bite me?" He asked. 
   "As a punishment..." Kai kissed the area he'd bitten on Cole's neck. Cole trembled and his hands clenched around Kai's clothes. "I won't forgive you if you do that again..." Kai whispered. Cole gazed at him softly. 
   "Ok... I'm sorry..." 

   "Oh my goodness! Are you alright? Do you hurt anywhere? Let me see your injuries, DID KAI DO ANYTHING TO YOU?!" Nya fussed over Cole the moment she heard that he was awake. "Oh my goodness..." She mumbled again. "Let me change your bandages." She gently wrapped the fresh cloth around Cole's arm and back. Kai scowled. 
   "Give it to me. I'll do it." He hissed, holding his hand out for the bandages. Nya looked surprised before grinning. 
   "Sure~" She said giggling. "Have fun~" She closed the door behind her with a snap. Cole could feel Kai's eyes boring into his back. He flinched as Kai ran his hand down his muscles and round his waist. 
   "Kai..." Cole murmured weakly. 
   "What? Don't worry... I'm not going to do anything..." He lightly rested his chin on Cole's shoulder and breathed into his neck. Cole shivered and bit his lip. "I'm so glad you're ok..." Kai whispered. Cole smiled gently and held Kai's hands. They leant into the bed and Kai put his face into Cole's hair. "I promise that I'll protect you from now on... I promise..." 
   Cole leant his head back to look at Kai. "... Thank you... I'll be counting on you..."

I'm so sorry that this was posted so late T^T; some stuff has been happening recently and I've suddenly got writers block (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻  also sorry it's so short... like I said, I've had a bunch of things happening so I apologise in advance if the chapters are short/ late 👏(┬┬﹏┬┬)