Chapter 9

I fluttered my eyes open and rushed to cover them with my arm since the harsh morning sunlight unexpectedly met my eyes. "Why the hell is it so bright?" I complained as I pulled my blanket over my head so that I could fall asleep again but froze when I remembered the events that occurred yesterday. Where Mia acted out of character and apologised severely before I passed out.

I slowly lowered my arm and looked around the room, hoping that the memories were just a hallucination caused by the accessive drinking that I indulged the day before but my fears turned into light when I looked around to see the grand designs of the room that was much too similar to the designs of Mia's home.

"What the hell," I whispered as I looked around for any signs of my phone so that I could call my parents to come fetch me. It was odd that I was at Mia's home but it could've been through the fact that I must've followed her home for a sleepover but must've forgotten due to the amount of alcohol that I drank.

I slowly sat up from the bad and rushed to rub my temples that were aching due to the massive headache. I rubbed my eyes and smiled when I saw the two tablets of painkillers and a bottle of spring water. I quickly gulped down all of its remnants until there was nothing left and covered myself with the blanket, hoping that I could fall asleep again until night time before Mia could come with her expressive nature and ruin the peace that I have accumulated these past few days.

Just when I was about to sleep, I woke up from the sound of the door opening and the sounds of utensils hitting at the steel tray. "Food at this time, Mia?" I groaned as I heard the tray being placed on the bedside and felt the heaviness of her weight onto the bed. Mia knew that I only ate food from the afternoons because eating anytime sooner would make me sick for the whole day. Even though she knew this fact we'll enough, she continued to bring food and stuff me even if it were 5 in the morning, a habit that I hated as well loved.

"Sit up," I froze when I heard the familiar baringtone voice and slowly lowered the blanket until it reached my neck. I was confused as to how Mia's brother was attending to me when we were not familiar to each other in any way, maybe he was by the looks of the many paintings of me that he held in his office.

It was always said that the Shin family were blessed with beauty that made you overlook their crimes due to the disbelief that someone so beautiful would do despicable actions. It was apparent from the soft features of his that made you want to capture the beauty. His eyes that held a look of boredom captured my attention as you could see that there were more to his eyes than the simple look. There were a type of heartlessness, some type of pain and cruelty that I wanted to figure out.

"Where's Mia?" I asked when he caught me looking at him. I was sure that he found it quite odd that I was ogling him like he was the last glass of water that I could get a hold of in a desert.

"She's a bit busy with the dress alterations and the collection of the rings. She will probably be back after an hour or so," he said as he pulled the tray onto his lap and cut the chicken mayo sandwich into small bites. My stomach grumbled at the sight of my favourite breakfast meal that my family and Mia made whenever they wanted to force me to have the regular 3 meals.

"A wedding?" I asked shocked at the information. "She's getting married?" I asked once again, ogling the way her brother cut through the soft bread and hoped that he was making it for me since I was dying from hunger.

I wondered who the man was that could sweep my friend off her feet and persuade her to get married so quickly. I knew the man would have a great character since she was such a wonderful person and she deserved nothing less.

I frowned when I heard the chuckle of her brother. "She wouldn't get married. Father would crucify a mam who's even having the slightest thought of talking to her." I frowned at the way he spoke, as if his sister was supposed to stay all of her life with them and not experience love from a boyfriend who would soon become the love of her life. "We are getting married so she's doing your dress fitting since you were out for some time."

I choked on my spit when I heard the statement and rushed to sit up straight as my ears could be playing games on me since I was much too relaxed on the bed. "We're getting married?" I repeated and gasped when i saw the slight nod of his head. "I'm not getting married to you."

"We are getting married. I already spoke to your family and they gave me their blessings to continue with the wedding," he replied calmly as he lifted one piece of the sandwich with a fork and guided it towards my mouth to which I tightened it so that it could not enter. I refuse to eat when I'm hearing bullshit from some man that I barely knew.

"My family?" I exclaimed as I took the fork and forced it onto the plate after the second attempt to feed me the food. "You're speaking bullshit, my family wouldn't allow some boy from this family to marry me. I want my phone, I'm going home right now."

"Calling them would be useless, just eat the food so that we can continue with the wedding plans. The planners need to know the theme that you're going for so that we can get this done as soon as possible." I scoffed at his words and hit the spoon away when it made its way to my mouth.

"I don't give a fuck about your wedding planners because I'm not going to get married to you," I exclaimed before I stood up from the bed and rushed to get to the door, hoping that I could leave this crazy man alone and I could finally relax in my bed and enjoy the soapies that I loved.

I scream when I felt a sudden stinging pain my legs and stopped my running to tend to it. Tears escaped my eyes when I took the the sight of two butter knives that were deeply lodged into my calf. "Why would you do that?" I scream as my hands struggled to go towards the knives. I knew that I had to take them out but I was way too scared on what would happen afterwards, I hadn't known how to tend to wounds since my mother always took care of it.

Tears continued to flow and sobs were louder when my hands went towards it. I squeezed my eyes shut when my hands grabbed ahold of the knives and prepared myself to remove them. I scream loudly when I moved the knives slowly out of the wounds, screaming to the man that I couldn't handle the hot pain that seemed to travel up my leg. I cried silently when they were finally out and threw them for away, feeling relieved as well as drousy from the amount of blood that was coming out of my leg.

"Get back here, we still have to finish," he said as he walked towards the knives, lifted them from the ground and continued to walk back to the bed. "I don't like repeating myself, Minnie. Come now."

I slowly lifted myself from the bed, forcing myself to not pay the pain that was shooting through my leg any mind as I were afraid that any sign of delays could end up with him proceeding to do more damage. It seemed he was a psychopath who loved to get his way so I needed to be on my best behaviour until I find a way to escape before the wedding began.

I took a seat on the bed beside him, looking blankly at my legs that were covered in blood. "Can you help me?" I asked as I looked down at the wounds and opened my mouth slightly to eat the sandwich that was being fed to me.

I sighed when he hadn't responded to a word that I said and continued to quietly feed me the food until everything was cleaned off of the plate. "You can rest up for now. The wedding planners are coming at 3 so be prepared by then. I don't want to come get you myself."