Part 3

Karishma with her bun hair walks into the nurses' station and throws herself on the chair. She moves herself and the chair towards her senior resident who is working on a computer. She is practically pulling her feet out to stop Karishma's chair from getting close to her. She shouldn't be rolling a chair around; that is one of unspoken rules that are made by the head nurse. No one messes with the head nurse.

"Stop right there." Katherine says without taking her eyes away from the computer. Her fingers are still typing and her foot is still trying to stop Karishma's chair. "We'll be in trouble if there are marks on the floor."

"Help." Karishma whispers jokingly with a tablet in her hand. She wants to discuss a case that Katherine knows damn well that she has already discussed with other residents. Karishma is a good doctor. She doesn't know it all but she knows enough to be as good as a first-year resident can be. The biggest problem is that she has a hard time believing that.

"Okay. Go. Report." Katherine quickly pulls up Karishma's patient file on her computer and gestures Karishma to report her on the case. She listens and she doesn't have anything much to argue or add as it is a simple case of abdominal pain. Nothing is complicated and no hidden symptoms or concerns. "Follow the procedure and go have quick break. Do that before your beeper ruins it."

"Thank you, Doctor."

"Miranda will bite your head off if she knows you drag the chair around." Kat complains quietly. "Also, can you get me turkey, chicken and cheese?"

"Of course."

Karishma takes a couple long minutes to finish her existing case before making her way out of the ED with the food cart parking not far away as her destination. She just needs to take a couple turns and a couple steps from the ED entrance. Before she could do that, someone catches her eyes. She is hanging out by the entrance; perching on one of the floor lamps with her eyes on her phone.

"Hi." She steps in and greets her. Haseena looks up and takes her Airpods out of her ears in panic. With one functioned hand and nervousness, one simple task appears to be a struggle.

"Hi." Haseena greets back. "Hi, Doctor Singh. I'm Haseena."

"Is everything okay?" Karishma immediately shows concern when a familiar face returns to the ED or at least turns up near it. It's hard to see if Haseena's cast is still in one piece since the sleeve is covering it.

"Everything is fine. I'm just waiting for Kevin."

Excuses are made perfectly from Haseena's point of view. Karishma makes her feel things and they are all at once. It feels like she is standing in the way of a hurricane and it is about to hit her.

"Kevin? Okay." Karishma looks at her funnily. The excuse sounds weird and she cannot figure out why Haseena would need one of that. However, she doesn't think it's her business to get into more details. "I'll let you get to that."

As Karishma is turning her back and walking away, Haseena clears her throat and bursts her thought out. This is a sign and a sign is meant to be followed although her stomach is flooded with butterflies. "Do you want to go out... with me... some time?"

"Sorry?" Karishma turns back and slowly approaches her. She heard it perfectly fine but she just wants to make sure of the tone that it came out. It felt like the same tone she used when she asked a question yesterday; the monotonous way of speech that seems unpleasant to the ears.

Haseena still struggles and stutters. "Do you... like... go out... hang out... dinner?"

"Are you waiting for me out here to ask me out?"

Karishma looks at her with suspicion. She wouldn't dare calling this cute but she definitely gives out some points for determination.

"No. Of course not. That'd be weird." Haseena chuckles awkwardly and starts to sweep her bangs sideway. To be exact, she keeps touching her bangs until they are together at one side. "Well, yes. I mean... Yeah."