Part 5

"Good morning!"

Alice greets her flatmate as she makes her way out of her bedroom; looking confused and not fully awake. Haseena stands there at the bedroom door in gym shorts and a bra. This is normal in all-girl apartment.

"Do you see... my..." Haseena acts like she is putting an invisible t-shirt on. Her eyes aren't fully open and her brain is not fully functioned. She continues to do the gesture for a quick second before stopping hopelessly. She could wear something else but something else feels wrong right now.

"Your shirt?" Alice grabs a seat at the counter stool. She is ready to do more guessing game with her sleepyhead friend. Haseena is always the sane one but when that sanity leaves the chat, it is fun to watch.

"A sweatshirt. Grey. Cornell." Haseena still has a problem ordering her words. She just speaks random words and hopes Alice will be able to tell what she wants.

"Your grey Cornell sweatshirt? The one you always wear?"

"Yeah." Haseena clears her throat before walking over to the kitchen to get some water. She chugs a whole glass of water but it still doesn't feel enough so she starts to explore the refrigerator. "It's missing."

"Is there anyone else in your room?" Alice asks sneakily as she sips her warm coffee. This is not really Haseena. Haseena hasn't drunk in years and Haseena wouldn't take anyone home after the first date if there was a first date at all. This is her personal space and she rarely invites anyone in. Alice heard they were laughing through the walls last night when she got back so she is pretty sure Karishma  is in there.

"No. Oh, you bought milk." Haseena answers and joins her at the counter with a box of cereal, milk and a bowl. "I woke up and she is gone. My sweatshirt is also gone."

"Your wallet is still here, right?" Alice tries to crack a joke and it seems to be successful for now. Haseena chuckles and shrugs. "Maybe she texted you. Have you checked your phone?"

"No. You know what? I don't care." Haseena is pissed. When she is pissed, she eats. Cereals are being poured a little too much and the bowl is a little too small. "I thought she liked me. She kept touching my fucking arms and looking so pretty."

"You thought she liked you because she showed you herself half naked."

Haseena scoffs. "That's not true."

"Is that your phone ringing?" Alice hears the phone ring from Haseena's room. "Probably Kevin."

"He is coming over, isn't he? Why does he have to call?"

Haseena slurps a spoonful of cereal and jumps off the stool to make her way to her room. She grabs her glasses from the nightstand and moves some clothes from last night on the floor to find her phone. The only part that is messy in her room is all these clothes lying around on the floor.

It is really Kevin. He calls to let them know that they have to meet up with him at the diner. He can no longer pick them up because he doesn't want to; plain and simple. He is bummed because his fiancée can't make it back to New York. She has been in Washington DC for the past months after she got a huge leap as a political journalist there. It is her dream job and Kevin wants to support it. They try to figure things out together but long-distance relationship is not that simple. Kevin drives there every other weekends. She is supposed to be back to New York every other weekend also but she has been missing a couple of them so far.