Part 16

Kevin is sitting comfortably on the window sill with his legs crossed and a drink in his hand. He is in the beige three-piece suit and his hair slicks back nicely. Next to him is Haseena. She is in in the burgundy pant suit reading her best man speech for a hundred times while crossing her legs. They both look so at ease like this is just another ordinary day when in fact, it is supposed to be one of Kevin's biggest day.

"I can see your boobs." Kevin comments on Haseena's pant suit.

"Good." Haseena responds without giving any attention or changes her posture.

"Kev's going to cry."

Alice who is in the burgundy long sleeve lace maxi dress announces as she enters the groom dressing room. She has a glass of champagne in her hand and chooses a seat between her two best friends. Alice and Haseena are Kevin's best man and no one can complain how untraditional this is. As Kevin has said, this is his wedding and he will do whatever he wants. He is the only child and these two are the closest to the siblings he has ever had. They are family to him and it is important to him that he has these two right next to him at the altar.

"I'm not going to cry." Kevin begs to differ. Kevin is a chill soul. He rarely gets nervous and this is yet to be the exception. "I've seen Maggie in a dress like a million times."

"This is a wedding dress." Haseena puts the note back into her pocket. She memorizes it by heart.

"So it is a dress with white color."

"Sure thing, tough guy." Haseena says with a bit of chuckle. This is her time to make fun of him after a long while of him doing so to her. "I think I'll prepare some napkin or something."

As Alice is sitting between them, she reaches over for their hands. She takes a moment to look at their hands that are in hers. "If we're planning a party; any kind of parties, ever again, we know now that burgundy is just not that great of an idea."

"Or brown." Kevin whispers and looks at his suit.

"That's beige." Haseena corrects him and reaches over to adjust his burgundy tie.

"Let's do blue." Kevin disregards Haseena's comment. They are planning another event before the one they are in even officially begins.

"Which blue?" Alice asks.

"Blue." Kevin repeats.

"Teal." Haseena adds.

Alice grasps. "Dark teal and mustard."

"Karishma hates mustard."

"Ben is not a big fan of teal."

"Is it time now?" Kevin checks his watch and moves away from the color palette lunatics. He is not even sure what teal looks like but he knows for sure mustard is something he has on a hotdog.

"My boy!" A muscular middle-aged man enters the room. He doesn't seem to be able to stop smiling. His only boy has made a NYPD detective and is getting married with such a lovely girl. He, as a Tarrytown police department detective, can't be prouder. "Ladies."

"Maggie is so beautiful." A lovely lady who follows him announces before smiling for both Alice and Haseena. "Have you seen her?"

"Not yet." Haseena answers with a smile while getting a kiss on a check from Kevin's mom. "Alice has."

"He is definitely going to cry." Alice insists on her statement.

"Definitely." His father ensures the fact.

"I'm not going to cry." Kevin argues so desperately. "Dad, can you take a photo for us?"

Kevin tries to change the subject by handing his dad his phone. The trio has been taking so many pictures together already but they don't really mind getting another; a neat one to put in the living rooms.