Part 22

"Marry me." Karishma says as soon as she gets to the open-kitchen area. All the butterflies in the world have been summoned into Karishma's stomach. This is not a slip of the tongue. This is something Karishma has thoroughly planned for it to be perfect and this is just an acceleration of the process. She knows she wants to spend all of her time from now on being with this person. She knows she wants to wake up to her smile and her stupidity at times. "I know it's soon. Very soon. But... Haseena, I don't want anybody else. Being with you feels right and we don't usually come across things that feel right, right? I need to seize it."

Haseena turns around from the stove. She smiles while looking at her beautiful girlfriend who seems to be on an emotional rollercoaster. She is leaning against the huge refrigerator; not really looking at Haseena but still making a couple of glances here and there. The Karishma that everyone knows has gone and now she is just this girl wanting to marry her girlfriend. She is sure that her girlfriend is going to say yes but she still leaves some space for disappointment. "Is this your grand proposal plan you've been planning all week with Kevin and Alice?"

"No." Karishma says quietly with a smile that shines brighter than the sun in Summer. Still, those butterflies settle in her stomach. She covers her face with her hands and tries to control her breathing pattern. Nervousness strikes her and she is not used to it. "I should have known that you would know."

"I know." Haseena says as she steps closer to Karishma and leans against the space next to her. She smiles and tucks Karishma's hair behind her ear.

Every time she looks at Karishma, her heart always raises questions; How does she get so lucky? How does she have someone like Karishma in her life? "I also know that your accomplices will be very pissed; not at you for changing the plan but at me for knowing before I should."

"You should have said something." Karishma reaches for Haseena's hand and interlocks her fingers with Haseena's.

"I didn't want to spoil your fun." Haseena smiles and presses a kiss on Karishma's hand while her eyes don't leave Karishma's beautiful ones. "You seem so happy with it and I'd be like the Grinch if I said 'Oh, you're going to propose. Got it.."

"So." Karishma looks back into Haseena's eyes. "What would you say?"

Haseena tilts her head and shows off her adorable dimples. "I'd say... how is your next weekend looking?"

Karishma tries to shake her hand off of Haseena's but her grip doesn't allow her to leave. It is still frustrating for her when Haseena can't hold a serious conversation. "I mean it."

"I also mean it." Haseena lets go of Karishma's hand and crosses her arms on her chest. She doesn't want to force Karishma into something she doesn't want to; even just holding hands.

"You want to get married next weekend?" Karishma says it back to make sure that they are on the same page. Haseena's statement is too over the top but she can't deny that her marriage proposal after less than a year together is also the same.

"If your shift allows you." Haseena stands by her offer. She doesn't seem serious but she doesn't change her words either.

Karishma chuckles ridiculously. This conversation has taken a turn so fast that it gets her a little dizzy. She is now also crossing her arms on her chest. They are imitating one another without even realizing it. "So you'll marry me?"

"Yes. I mean." Haseena pauses and looks at the floor as if the words are spreading all over and she needs to pick the ones she wants. "The next weekend part is a bit of a joke but... it's you. You said it already feels right. For me, it's you. You came into my life with an axe and destroyed every wall that I ever built. And. Since you destroyed all of them, my insurance says you need to stay."