~ Chapter 24 ~

The family sat in silence as Percy stared back at Remus and I. Mum looked confused about what he just said. "What do you mean? None of us heard anything." She asked thinking back about last night. She had been awake most of the night. 

"I don't know how," Percy mumbled taking a swig of his drink. 

"Maybe you were hearing things lad," Dad mentioned. 

"Maybe it was the foxes mating outside again. Sure sounded like it." Percy said making Remus choke on his drink. I patted his back as he brushed me off. 

"Im fine, I'm fine." He said standing up to leave. I looked at him with worry as Percy stared back at me.

"Y/N dear. Go and check on Remus please." Dad said seeing the worry in my eyes. 

"Gladly," I mumbled staring daggers at Percy as I walked past. I found Remus leaning against the window ledge in the back room, looking out at the snow cover fields. 

"How's your throat?" I asked softly placing a soft hand on his back. 

"Fine. How's yours?" He joked smirking down at me. I nudged him lightly as he laughed. "That was a close call again." He mumbled back at me in case anyone else heard. 

I shrugged looking back at him and smiled. "Percy would never tell," I said reassuring him. 

"Hmmm." Remus doubted the thought. "We'll just have to be more careful."

"Maybe we should start using a silencing charm." I joked as he laughed. 

"Maybe while we're here, but back at work I want everyone to know who you belong to." He said leaning down and placing a teasing kiss against my lips. He pulled back and smiled as I almost melted against him. "Come on, we need to get ready." He said slapping me on the arse. I squealed turning back at him. 

"Not here," I warned him making him smile teasingly back at me. 

"I wouldn't dream of it."

I got ready for the day, I searched through my suitcase to find Remus' present

I got ready for the day, I searched through my suitcase to find Remus' present. It wasn't much but I wanted him to open something. I went downstairs and heard everyone all over the place as I quietly put presents under the tree. I neatly stacked them when I felt two hands grab me hard making me fall onto my hands and knees. I turned quickly and punched Charlie in the chest. 

"Why did you just do that? You scared me half to death." I said holding my rapid heart. 

"You know I didn't mean to." He laughed helping me up. "What were you doing down there anyway?" He tried looking behind me as I stood in front of Remus' presents. 

"It's none of your business. Go and annoy someone else." Charlie rolled his eyes. 

"But you so easy to whine up." I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to help Mum. I saw Remus and Dad talking intensely again. 

"Ah Y/N there you are," Mum said making the men stop talking, i looked confused seeing the daily prophet on the table. 

"What's going on?" I asked looking at Remus hoping for some answers. 

"Nothing. Just ignore them, come help me. Charlie you too." We both helped out peeling all the veg for her. Charlie was getting bored and started throwing his peels at me. 

"Stop it," I said getting annoyed. 

"I didn't do anything." He said smirking. He threw some more making me retallate and throw more at him. 

"Hey, this is new." He shouted as the wet potato skins stained his shirt. 

"It's your fault," I argued as Mum turned to the both of us. 

"Will you two stop it?" She said pointing at us. "Sometimes I think you two are worse than the twins." She turned back to her cooking as I flipped off Charlie. 

"So what do you think Percy heard last night? He told me about it this morning." I kicked him under the table to stop him. 

Mum sighed. "I don't know, I'm worried about him." 

"Percy's fine mum," Charlie said. 

"I know but I think this final year has got him a little stressed." She said she worried about her child. "Are you keeping an eye on him Y/N?" 

"As much as I can."

"Well, at least that's something."