~ Chapter 25 ~

Mum placed down the last of the plates telling us all to dig in. Everyone dived in like animals, like every mealtime. The only two who did not was Percy and I. I could feel his eyes burning into my temple, I glanced over at him seeing him gripping his fork until his knuckles were going white. I heard him breathe like he was about to talk when Dad spoke out. 

"Y/N why aren't you eating?" I heard Percy scoff. 

"Oh, I'm just not that hungry," I said feeling a pit of sickness in my stomach. 

"Please eat something dear. You look a little peeky." Mum said looking over a little worried. 

"Im fine," I said placing a small amount of food on my plate. I took a fork full of mash and placed it into my mouth, as I swallowed I felt the sickness spread making me feverish. My stomach turned as I took a drink of water hoping it would help a little. The nausea calmed a little but the feverish feeling did not. I stripped off my jumper to cool down when I heard Mum choking on her drink. 

"What is that?!" She shouted out pointing towards me. 

"What?" I looked behind me.

"That on your neck." She pointed shaking her hand. 

"Oh." I panicked. "I burnt it on my curlers, that's all." I tried to laugh it off when I saw Remus smirking to himself with pride. 

"Shut up." I mouthed to him, he winked back at me. I grinned to myself when I felt a kick under the table. I looked up at Charlie looking back at me with a face of confusion. 

"What?" I mouthed to him.

"You and ..." He nodded his head in Remus' direction. I didn't say anything, no reaction on my face. Charlie smirked nodding with approval. I laughed to myself glancing back at Remus talking with Dad. 'I did do well.' I thought when my stomach turned again.

"Y/N, are you ok?" Mum asked. 

"Yeah, im fine," I said. 

"Dear, you don't look well at all." She said with a panic. "Why don't you lay down for a while? I'll bring it up in a minute." 

"Ok," I said standing up feeling a rush to my head feeling lightheaded. I walked upstairs feeling weak. I lay on the bed facing away from the door. I didn't sleep or rest my eyes, I stared at the wall counting the days from my last period. I went over and over the dates. 14 day. 14 DAYS late! 

"SHIT!" I shouted turning into the pillow. "Fuck, two weeks." I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I cried silently so no one heard. I tried to silence my cries when the door creaks open. I didn't turn over. I felt the bed dip a little with a warm hand on my back. 

"How are you?" Remus said moving in closer as I turned to him. He looked down at me with worry, he placed his hand against my cheek. "What's wrong, love?" He asked. 

"I'm late." I choked out. 

"What?" Remus asked confused. "What do you mean late?"

"I'm two weeks late," I repeated, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"What?" Remus whispered in shock. I couldn't look back at him, i didn't want to see his reaction. He reached out to my shaking hands. "How long have you known?" He asked. 

"Just now. I was counting back." I mumbled. 

"Have you taken a test?" I shook my head. "Then we won't know until we take the test." He said lifting my face towards his. He smiled and placed a light kiss on my lips. "We'll take a test once we're back at work. If it's positive then we'll deal with it then."

"You won't leave me will you," I asked searching for an answer in his eyes. 

"Never." He smiled leaning in and placing a fuller kiss on my lips. The door creaked open again making us jump back.

"Merlin, Charlie," I said gripping my chest. "Will you stop that?" He laughed.

"Never. I like seeing the panic in your eyes. Anyway, mum wants you downstairs for presents." He left leaving Remus and I looking back at each other. 

"Come on, let's go." He said holding out his hand for me to take. 

"Thank you." I leaned onto my toes placing a kiss against his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."