THE BODY IN THE MIDDLE

JADES P.O.V
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was just walking looking for Carrie. It was dark and I could not see much of where I was walking. I heard the noise I heard this afternoon on the way to the cabin but I've watched so many horror movies that I knew never to go near the random noises in the middle of the woods. I walked for a few more feet when I kicked something. I looked down with my flashlight and my eyes widened in shock. I heard a chuckle behind me and I turned around and came face to face with nothing.
Nothing was their.
Did I imagine it?
The thought flooded my thoughts I bent down to examine the body that I found. I don't know why but I had a pair of gloves in my pocket and I put them on.
"Who knows how long this has been here."
I said to absolutely nobody. I touched the body with my gloved hand and checked to see if they still had a pulse because if they did I could help them. I had a bit of experience with first aid since I had to help Myratana when she decided to be an idiot and bring a knife to a gunfight.
I sighed
"Why do I have an idiot in the group"
I sighed again and was shocked that she still had a pulse. I saw a vampire bite on her neck and grabbed a tampon out of my pocket. I had started and needed these a lot. I opened it and unwrapped the part that absorbed the blood and put it on the wound. I then ripped the bottom part of my tank top off and used it to make a wrap to hold the tampon in place until I got home. I saw Carrie standing in shock in front of me.
Was she shocked that I helped someone or was she shocked that someone had found the body?
"Carrie, did you get lost or something? Come one let's get to the cabin before midnight."
I said in an annoyed voice because it was hot and I just got my hands dirty helping a girl not die. She nodded then we walked home.