Chapter 8

Jungkook looked over towards the clock and sighed. There was thirty minutes until his day will be over from work. It was like a cycle for him, getting up at the same time, getting ready, make or go get breakfast, go to work, get off of work and it would repeat five times a week. It the weekends, that would usually the time he would have fun, his type of fun.

"Mr. Jeon? We are closing earlier than usual because of the meeting tonight," Shit. Jungkook totally forgot about that. "Oh right," The feeling of irritation began to build up inside of the male, not interested of going to these meetings. They were important for the company but time consuming.

Jungkook closed his sketchbook he had on his desk and put it inside if his briefcase. The meeting takes place across town, closer to where he lives. Jungkook walked outside of the building and rushed to his car. The thought of Lisa popped into his mind as he told her when he got off of work. He pulled out his phone and let out a long sigh, clicking on the dating app, Meeting of Hearts.

19:04

Flowerbean:
Hi, I know we didn't officially make any plans today but I can't see you today.
Sorry

Seen at 19:05

Jungkook stared at his phone before starting his car. Did he feel upset? He would deny it but deep down, he did. Lalisa seemed to be so sweet to him for no absolute reason at all. He didn't have to do anything, it was a part of her nature. That was something he envy's about the girl.

──── ◉ ────

Lisa moved her phone around as she was waiting for service. "Don't worry too much Lis, you could text him later," The girl sighed and dropped her arm down. "I just don't want him to think I'm mad at him," Lisa and Jennie decided to go hiking at the last minute but the service is not entirely working.

"He'll understand," Jennie replied quickly, looking for the path to leave. "It's starting to get dark, we should go," Lisa nodded while looking around. "Oh there's a map," Jennie pointed out. It wasn't far from the two girls. The two made their way towards the map and observed it. "Oh," They said at the same time.

They went down the path and made it back to the entrance. "That's embarrassing," Jennie giggled. The two quickly made their way towards Jennie's car. "I'm so tired," Lisa whined as she relaxed into the passenger seat. "Me too," Jennie pouted as she started the car. Lisa opened the dating app again and began typing her fingers away.

19:13

Lalisa:
I'm so sorry if I gave you the wrong impression of my leaving you on read
I went hiking and couldn't get any service for a little while
We could meet tomorrow after work?

Delivered

She waited a few minutes, waiting if he would see her messages. "What are you looking at?" Jennie peeked over to Lisa's phone for a second before adverting her eyes back onto the road. "I guess he is busy," She turned off her phone and looked outside of the window.

"Maybe he fell asleep or he could be busy. Don't put all of your time for someone you barley know Lis," Lisa smiled and continued to watch the trees pass by which soon turned into tall buildings. They were back in town. "We should go hiking again but earlier in the day," Jennie suggested.

──── ◉ ────

The large house was empty which made Jungkook feel less anxious about his situation. Kyung-Mi held his hand while bringing him upstairs. "What are we going to do?" The teenage boy asked, curious about the girls intentions. "I thought we could be able to hang out and take your mind off of whatever is bothering you,"

She smiled before they made their way towards her room. It was very clean and spacious. "You have a nice room," Jungkook pointed out as he looked around. "Thanks, my parents are big on keeping my room clean," She went over to her desk that was across from her bed and sat down.

"So I know that you're in my biology class, do you want to work on the homework together?"Jungkook awkwardly stood there looking down at the girl. "I don't have my school work, it's at home," Kyung-Mi smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, I could do it now and send you a picture later. I want to get to know you, you're the mysterious kid at school and it's intriguing," She couldn't help it. Everyone thought that he killed his parents and got out of a mental hospital. None which were true.

"Oh," Jungkook made his way towards her bed and sat down on the edge. "Well, my father was sent to prison and my mother is dead," He started off. What else would he say? He didn't know anything else about himself to share.

It was like he was just made to exist. "Oh, I'm sorry about that," Kyung-Mi turned around and put her hand on Jungkook's knee, trying her best in her own way to comfort the boy. "It's not your fault,"

Jungkook blinked his eyes as he woke up from his couch. He got back home late and was tired from a long day at work and that meeting. He wasn't sure if he were to ever see Lalisa ever again. Probably not. He slowly got off of the couch and made his way to his refrigerator.

The clock on the wall read 1:37 which made Jungkook shrug his shoulders. He grabbed a full bottle of beer and made his way back to the couch. The people at work really made him want to drink, his trauma makes him want to drink, just him existing makes him want to drink.

He let out a long sigh before chugging down the cold beverage. Jungkook pulled his phone out of his pocket and saw a few notifications from Meeting of Hearts. "Shit," He read her messages and let out a sigh of relief. "Might as well message her in the morning,"