Chapter 18

Lisa sat down in the empty café, staring at her parents confused. "Why did you guys call me here? And why are we closed?" Lisa's mom looked at her husband with concern written all over her face. Lisa's father cleared his throat. "You're graduating soon, and we don't want to hold you back with your life..." Lisa furrowed her eyebrows, confused on why her parents feel that way.

"You guys are not holding me back? I choose to be here and work for you guys," Her father shook his head and let out a sigh. "No Lalisa, we want you to have a job that pays you well. We also want you to move out of that apartment you live in," Lisa looked at both of her parents and held both of her hands together. "Are you saying that you're firing me?" Both of her parents began to nod their heads.

There were a few mixed feelings but Lisa understood her parents. All they want was the best for her. "Well, it was a pleasure working with you guys," Lisa planned for a while to work under a very well known company, any company, since she was always interested in business. They bid their goodbyes before Lisa's left the café, wondering what she is going to do to make money. She made it back home and sat on her couch, calling the people who give out the best advice.

"I think you should shake some ass and become a stripper," Jennie blunted out.

"Do you really think she wants to be a stripper you pabo?!" Jisoo yelled at her sister, not bothered to answer her phone from the group chat. There was no purpose since she and Jennie live together.

I agree with Jennie unnie, do you really think all strippers and to do their jobs? No, they look at the pay and only the pay," Chaeyoung sided with Jennie on this one.

"Ooh! Ooh! You could become a whore, bust that pussy on the streets—" Jisoo began to bicker with Jennie on the line, meanwhile Chaeyoung and Lisa were still discussing the subject.

"I'm not going to be a stripper or a whore. I just want to do something simple for now," Chaeyoung hummed on the phone.

"Well, you could work in a library, another café or at the convenience store with me,"

"Chae, her pay isn't going to get any better working at those places. Meanwhile at a strip club..."

Lisa sat there, and staring off to the ceiling, not listening to her friends bicker. None of the jobs they brought up really interested her. She thought that maybe she should wait until graduation to finally apply for a business. She has a lot of money saved up and her graduation was less than a week away. The group call ended with the girls getting too heated with each other to the point of hanging up.

Lisa let out a sigh and looked through her apps, wanting to free up some space. Her eyes landed on the particular dating app that she still had but no longer needed. "We're dating now, we don't need this anymore," She dragged the app to the uninstall option.

Cancel                        Uninstall

There was a feeling of bittersweet. It was the app where Jungkook added her and was quite mysterious, and still is. Another feeling developed inside of Lisa, curiosity. It still feels like Jungkook has his walles up around her still. She isn't upset about it, understanding that they just started dating a few days ago.

──── ◉ ────

The sight of seeing random but extremely strong and wealthy men walk in and out of the house. It made little Jungkook curious of what was going on. This had always happened, before Jungkook was ever born or even thought of. They all had some sort of tattoo that matched on their arms. Jungkook was always sent to his room or to another location whenever these men showed up. It was his father that always had these men come over.

But one day, Jungkook decided to let his curiosity take control and sneak out of his room. He saw a few of the men walk inside of his father's study. Nobody was aloud in there. Not Jungkook, his mother, nor the workers around the mansion. Nobody knew what would go on inside because his father made sure to have that specific room sound proof. Jungkook's mother knew what went on, but hid the fact since she was scared of what her husband would do. So that is why she would stay with Jungkook whenever this happened.

Today was different. If today was like any other day, Jungkook was not going to be able to walk to his father's study. There was a medication that his mother used to calm herself but turns out today she took too many. Not to the point where she would overdose but to the point where she is barley conscious and doesn't know what is going on. Jungkook noticed that his mother relied on those pills and after not taking them for a while, mainly of running out, she and her father would physically fight.

Jungkook stood in front of the door, mixed emotions filling his small eight year old body. He gripped onto the door nob and slowly turned it to avoid any noise. As soon as he slowly cracked the door open, all he could hear was his father yelling at a man who had bruises and blood all over his face. There were missing teeth from the man and his hair looked extremely greasy. "Please—I'll have your money soon!" The man pleaded. Little Jungkook looked at his father with wide eyes as he saw what he was doing.

There was an emotionless expression on Jungkook's father's face as he held the gun to the man's head. "You said that last time...you know I don't do second chances. You borrowed my money, spent it on useless shit and expect me to be so forgiving," His father's men were all standing around the scene, also having emotionless facial expressions. It seemed as if they were used to it. "You really think that you could have gotten away with stealing from Busan's mafia king?! You should be glad that your family doesn't have to witness this like the others have,"

He pulled the trigger and blood slat everywhere. All over Jungkook's father, the men and walls. Jungkook held onto his mouth this his hands to avoid making a noice. "Get this cleaned up, would you?" He heard his father say so casually. "I don't need my office smelling," Little Jungkook could not believe what he had seen, he couldn't believe who his father really is. "Ahem," A tall man cleared his throat while looking at the little boy. Jungkook jumped and saw the tall man. He had tattoos all over his arms and neck, the only visible parts that were shown. He could have way more.

"What are you doing here kid? You know not to be at your father's study," His voice was stirn but there was a hint of care. The man was familiar to Jungkook as he saw him here all the time. "Sorry uncle," Jungkook ran back to his room to see his mother finally waking up. "Kookie? Did you leave?" Her voice was raspy and her eyes were not fully open yet. "I had to pee, mommy," He lied. Jungkook didn't know if his mother knew what his father does but all he knows so far is that he doesn't like it. Now he is scared to look that the man who helped create him.

Jungkook blinked a few times after waking up later than usual. Today he was planning on visiting his mother's grave, since it had been so long. Growing up, he has realized that his mother was a drug addict and relied on her pills to get rid of her nerves. His foster parents were no different, but they were not as consistent as she was. It was almost everyday that she would roam around the mansion high and fighting with his father. Jungkook felt tears build up, which was not in his norm. "Crying is for the weak,"

──── ◉ ────

Lisa looked online for a few openings jobs that she could apply for and one caught her eye. It was an extremely well known company in the area, or country. Jeon Corporations. They have an open position for the intern spot and without any doubt, Lisa applied.