Chapter 14

Looking at the familiar male, Jungkook calmed down. "Hey Hobi hyung," The two had known each other since high school. Hoseok was an upper classmen who helped Jungkook out until he graduated. They both thought the same thing as they both looked like they were doing well.

"You guys know each other?" After Lisa had asked the question, everyone went back to their conversations. "Yes, we were friends in high school," The two sat down next to each other and began to have a conversation to kill time. It seems like Jimin was the only person running late, which was not good.

Nobody knows that this dinner is about as he was the one who organized it. "I wonder when he is going to get here," Lisa said while looking over to the entrance. Jungkook was looking around, observing the people and noticed three girl making their way over. They must be Lisa's friends. He knew they looked familiar as they were the same girls Lisa was with at the café.

"Hi Lisa! You're outfit looks so good on you," Jisoo complimented her friend and staring at her outfit. "No shit, I was the one who put it together," Jennie flipped her hair dramatically and had a smile on her face. Namjoon made his way over as well and put his arm around Jennie's waist. "Hello guys," His attention went to Jungkook and held his stare. "You must be a friend of Lisa's, it's nice to meet you. I am Namjoon but everyone calls my Joon,"

The taller man made Jungkook feel intimidated for two reasons. First off, this guy is a detective, a passionate and smart one. Plus he looked very intimidating by the way he was looking at him. "Hi, I'm Jungkook," The two shook hands and Namjoon put all of his attention to his girlfriend. "You look so beautiful Jennie,"

Jisoo rolled her eyes, getting tired of hearing the same thing every time the two see each other. Deep down she was jealous and....empty. Her and Seokjin would do the same exact thing. It seems as if the universe was on her side as the extremely handsome man was making his way to the table.

"Well well well, I don't know if I should feel threatened at the fact that there are multiple attractive people at this table or not," Seokjin joked while looking around. "Why isn't Jimin here? He planned the event," Chaeyoung slouched in her seat as she was looking at her phone. Jungkook sat there, not knowing what to do.

Soon Seokjin's phone began to buzz in his pocket. He left the table to answer the phone but kept a hushed voice. "Hello?" The background noises going on on the line was familiar to Jin, causing his to sigh to himself. "Doctor Kim, we really need you here," Although he didn't want to, he had to leave. "I'm on my way,"

The phone call ended and a disappointed Seokjin made his way to his friends. "I have to go, work calls," Namjoon nodded, understanding. Jisoo avoided looking at her ex but as he walked away, she couldn't take her eyes off of him. "So what now? Jiminie planned this whole thing and Jin just left. This is a total nightmare,"

"It's all of your fault!" Mrs. Park was making her way to the table of friends. "You are to blame to what happened to our little Jiminie," The woman's eyes were bloodshot red with tears ruining her makeup. "I don't understand—" Chaeyoung was confused on what's going on but it seems like Jimin's mother had something in mind.

"You little slut! A man who claimed to love you...." The woman was close to losing her balance as she could no longer speak. "Look at what you have done, you unfaithful whore," Chaeyoung was too stunned to speak as the married couple walked away. "What was that about?" Jennie stood up and went to comfort her friend. "I think something happened to Jimin. She said so,"

"If I may," Namjoon spoke up while standing from his seat. "Jimin's mother seems to be in a stressed state and was claiming that you, Chaeyoung, had another lover. She thinks whoever this is must have done something to Jiminie," Chaeyoung realized what was going on and ran out of the restaurant. "I'm going to follow her," Jisoo grabbed hers and Chaeyoung's things before chasing after Chaeyoung.