Chapter 12

Jungkook sat in the chair and overheard the people around him arguing or crying. He kept his gaze ahead as he was waiting for him. It had been six years since the last time he had spoken to him. Was Jungkook intimidated? Definitely. Who wouldn't? This man was feared before the incident.

As the middle aged man made his way across from Jungkook, he sat up straight and didn't break eye contact. The two picked up the phones in their sides but still held the intense eye contact through the glass. It seems like he is going to speak up first.

"It has been a while, son," Jungkook sat there frozen, not as mentally ready to speak to his father as he thought. "When was the last time you had seen me? Last week? No. Last month? No. Last year? No. Oh yes. Was it... Six years ago?" His voice was cold and his gaze hardened.

Jungkook took a deep breath before spoke up. "I have been busy with work," There was embarrassment coming from Jungkook as he thought his voice would be steady. But instead it was shaky and hesitant. "Oh so you have taken my place?" There was a pit in Jungkook's stomach as he gulped while looking towards his father.

"Father you don't understand, I was put into—" He was trying to explain how he was moved around a lot in the system but it seems as if his father didn't want to hear it. "Boy! You have no idea what you have just done. You could have been a powerful man who had control but instead, you're being lazy,"

The Jeon business was a big deal to the Jeons for many generations. But little did everyone know that the business was just a disguise. Nobody would have suspended a thing. "I'm not lazy," Their conversation was cut short as the guard stood closer to Jungkook's father. "Your times up,"

Jungkook stood up and walked out without looking back. He would never admit this but he knew that his father had some type of pull in him. Something about that incident has Jungkook not know which direction is right. Deep down he hopes that he could move past everything and try to at least be normal.

──── ◉ ────

Lisa was walking outside of her university building, exhausted from the semester exam she had to take. It was the end of the school year and she has six weeks to herself. She felt her phone buzzing in her jean pocket. It was Jisoo. Lisa answered the phone and fixed her shirt.

"Hello?" It took a second for Jisoo to answer. "Hey Lis, did I call you at the right time?" Lisa nodded but forgot that her friend wasn't able to see her. "Oh yes. Why?" Jisoo let out a long sigh before responding. "Jimin's family is having that dinner tomorrow night and invited us and a lot more people than last year,"

Lisa froze in her spot which was on the sidewalk in front on the cross walk. "Are you serious? Is it going to be at the usual?" The light turned green for the cross walk so Lisa began to walk across the street. "Sadly no. It's going to be at some restaurant and they're reserving it. Oh! Also they said to bring a plus one? I'm still confused about that but I need to ask Chae about this,"

The two hug up and Lisa was rushing to her apartment. She needed to know what to wear for this event because these dinners are important to the Park family. The dinners are usually for their success or for a simple gathering. In this case, it seems to be both.

There was only one person Lisa could think about bringing for her plus one. But for some reason, she doesn't know if she would want to bring him. Maybe he might not like events like these? Lisa made it to her apartment complex but noticed someone familiar on the bench.

"Hey Jungkook, what are you doing here?" He quickly looked up and took a deep breath. "Oh uh...I wanted to see you," There was something off about him that Lisa couldn't put her finger on. "Are you okay?" She stepped forward and sat next to him, resting her hand on his shoulder.

"I went to visit my dad in jail and it didn't end well," Lisa vividly remembers Jungkook mentioning about his dad and nods her head. "We can go inside and talk about it if you want. Plus, it looks like it's going to get dark soon," Her hand traveled from his shoulder to his hand.

Lisa practically dragged Jungkook to her apartment. This could be the time to ask about the plus one situation. Jungkook took off his thin grey jacket before placing it on her couch. There was something about Jungkook that caught her eye. His tattoos. For the few months that Lisa has gotten to know Jungkook, she had never seen his tattoos before.

"I didn't know that you had tattoos. They look nice on you," She noticed that Jungkook blushed and decided to do more damage for fun. "You look cute when you blush. You are sexy and cute at the same time," Lisa made her way towards the couch and sat down next to Jungkook, who was a blushing mess.

"So, I wanted to ask you something important," The male looked over to the woman who he has feelings for but still wouldn't admit it. The woman who makes his heart beat faster, cheeks go red, excided when thinking about seeing her at some point. "What is it?"

"So a friend is having this dinner and has the guest bring plus ones. I was wondering if you would be mine?" Lisa played with her thumbs as she waited for Jungkook's response. "I would love to but what event is it? I want to know what type of clothing I should wear," A smile made it's way onto Lisa's lips as she felt accomplished.

"They prefer nice clothing," Jungkook nodded and looked down to his lap. Lisa couldn't take her eyes off of him as she found the discovery of his tattoos. It made Jungkook ten times more attractive than before. He seemed to notice and turned his head and made eye contact with Lisa.

Her heart fluttered as she was caught staring at Jungkook. The two felt a force to lean in slowly as they got closer together. Jungkook cupped Lisa's cheek with one hand and caressed his thumb against her skin. Their lips were about to touch but Lisa put her hand on top of Jungkook's and leaned away.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to take advantage of your feelings. You were upset when I saw you and we didn't get to talk about that," There was a mixed feeling of frustration and guilt inside of Lisa. She did want to kiss him but felt like it was too early. She also didn't want to take advantage of his feelings as something did happen to Jungkook which bothered him.