Week 1: Day 2

⚠WARNING: Hom¡ph0bia!⚠

Harry woke up the next morning to a sweet smell wafting through his nose. He opened his eyes slightly, and once he was awake enough, he almost shrieked, but only managed a small gasp.

His face was basically smushed into Draco's chest, and his arms were wrapped loosely around Draco's waist, while Draco had a firm grip on his lower-mid back.

Despite how panicked he had felt, it had been the first time he felt secure with Draco, in his so called "home", or at all, really.

Seeing as Draco appeared asleep, Harry closed his eyes, subconsciously snuggled a tad closer, and fell back asleep.

And Draco smirked to himself, finally opening his eyes to adore the raven haired boy when he felt it was safe.

Draco awoke a few hours later to discover Harry wasn't with him anymore, and there was yelling from downstairs. Normally his first instinct was to check how he looked, but this time, this time was different. He immediately ran out to see if Harry was okay. (Unbeknownst to him that's what he was doing.)

The first thing he heard was the voice of Harry's uncle, and he peered down from the top of the stairs to see what was going on before getting involved.

"–I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! WE BRING YOU IN, GIVE YOU A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD, RAISE YOU, AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY US?!"

Draco watched in horror of the scene.

Harry was on the floor, bruises flooded his face. There was blood rushing from his nose and onto his clothing, a drop or two landing on the hardwood flooring every so often. Harry's cousin was standing behind his father, laughing mockingly.

Draco waited no longer, and ran down the stairs to stop whatever had happened.

Just as Harry's uncle was about to throw another punch, Draco jumped in his way.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, BOY? GET OUTTA THE WAY!" Vernon shouted.

"Hurt him again, see what happens. My father is one of the most powerful, and wealthiest wizards of all of them. He could kill all of you before you even finish blinking. So go ahead, hurt Harry again, and see what happens." He gave Vernon and Dudley a cold stare, while they were frozen with shock.

He helped Harry up, his eyes not moving from the Dursleys, and took Harry up to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

"What happened back there?" He asked worriedly, as he handed Harry a tissue.

"Dudley stormed into my room again this mornin'," Harry began as Draco found the first aid kit. "Saw us in the same bed, made assumptions, I s'pose. Then he told Vernon."

"What kind of assumptions?"

"Well, er, that we are uh.. Together and all that, I guess."

"And it's only the second day," Draco sighed. "Are there any ice packs in the freezer?"

"Yeah. C'mon."

Harry lead Draco to the kitchen, where he grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and handed it to Draco, who had a dry cloth in hand. He wrapped it up, and handed back to Harry to put under his eye.

"So, what are we going to do about this.. Situation?" Draco asks as they sit at the kitchen table.

"Well," Harry hesitates, thinking for a moment. "Either way, I'm going to get beat."

"I'm not even surprised by now," Draco rolls his eyes. "But, why?"

"Dudley likes to be right," Harry begins. "So if we act like we're.. Er.. Together, so he thinks he's right, my uncle will beat me because he won't like us acting like that. But," Harry pauses.