Week 2: Day 12

August. What a wonderful month. A wonderful time of year. It's also the month Draco'll leave. By the end of August, he'll be gone.

Luckily it's only the first day of...

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU, YOU BLOODY IDIOT!"

...Or not.

"ME?! I'M THE BLOODY IDIOT??"

"YOUR MOTHER IS GOING TO HAVE OUR HEADS FOR THIS!"

"WELL IT'S YOUR FAULT!"

"MINE?!"

"Why don't we all just calm down and—"

"SHUT IT, HARRY! NOW IS NOT THE TIME!"

"DON'T TALK TO HIM LIKE THAT!"

"OH NO! I'M SO SCARED!!! DRACO'S GONNA KILL ME BECAUSE I TOLD HIS LOVER NOT TO INTERFERE!"

"WHY YOU LITTLE—"

"HARRY! CONTROL YOUR MAN!"

Seems peaceful, doesn't it? Especially without context. Which I'm assuming you'd like. So here's the context:

Vernon's at work, so Petunia was previously watching the teens. She left to grab some bread and milk not too long ago, though. So now the boys are home alone. Dudley jokingly taunted Draco saying he couldn't cook, out of boredom. So Draco challenged Dudley to make something of his own. Obviously, that didn't go well. It caught fire, the smoke alarm is going off, the stove is almost fully burned, there's flour everywhere for some reason, and Draco just barely tackled Dudley and now they're both on the ground getting covered in flour whilst they strangle each other, and Harry watches in fear.

"I'M GOING TO KNOCK YOUR TEETH IN!"

"WELL I'M GONNA-"

Thud.

They both immediately stopped fighting and looked in Harry's direction. He had fallen back against the table, wide eyed and breathing heavily. He looked like he was about to pass out.

"Shit!" Draco quickly got off of Dudley and ran over to Harry, pulling him close into his arms to soothe him.

"What happened?" Dudley whispered in a panicked tone.

"We overwhelmed him," Draco explained with gritted teeth. "Now clean this up."

Dudley nodded, put the fire out, opened the window, turned off the smoke alarm, and started sweeping up the flour that nobody had any idea where it came from. There wasn't even a bag of flour around.

Harry was now blank faced, and he showed no sign of crying. He looked up at Draco with such innocence and sadness in his eyes, though. Draco knew he had gone way too soft for this boy, way too fast. But he couldn't help it.

"It's alright, Harry. You're alright."

"I know. I feel fine, there's no need to worry about me."

Draco still worried anyway. He smiled sweetly at Harry, with a hint of mischief in it. He couldn't resist, and cupped Harry's face with his hands, and kissed the scar on his forehead.

Harry looked away and blushed lightly, but didn't say anything. The face he made was definitely hiding a lot of excitement, though.

'It's just pretend,' Harry had to remind himself. 'It's fake. It's all fake.'

And yet, it wasn't.

Draco, on the other hand, realized what he had just done, and he was freaking out about it on the inside.