Week 1: Day 3

"When do you think they'll get back to us?"

"We only sent the letter yesterday. It should be a few days."

"I know, I know. But I desperately want to leave, and I'm sure you do, too."

"Well, you aren't wrong about that. I never expected you to live in such horrid conditions."

Draco and Harry were sitting in the kitchen after finishing up their chores. Its the afternoon, and all is quiet.

The Dursley's had gone out for lunch, so Draco had finally convinced Harry to make something for himself, (Since Draco noticed Harry had not eaten since he had arrived.)

Harry was now sitting on the counter eating the food he had made, while Draco was standing beside him, leaning against the counter as he drank some tea.

"How's your food?" Draco asked in between sips.

"Better than I expected, honestly." Harry responded after swallowing another bite.

"You make great food, you know. Nothing like how the Dursley's make it out to be– in a good way, of course."

"Want some?" Harry held out his fork with some of his meal speared onto it.

"Why not?"

Harry held his fork out further, and allowed Draco to take a bite. The blond thought for a moment, relishing in the burst of flavor he got from it.

"You have to teach me how to make this," Draco swallowed. "This is scrumptious!"

Harry smiled shyly. He nodded, taking another bite.

Suddenly, an envelope came flying through the open window. Draco quickly grabbed it, eyebrows furrowing as he read it.

"Its addressed to you," He muttered, handing Harry the letter. "No owl in sight, but that is unmistakably a Weasley's handwriting."

"Well, let's see if you're mistaken." Harry opened it up, reading the parchment inside.

"Well?"

"It's from Percy," Harry said, still examining the letter. "Hedwig must of gotten there very quickly, then he wrote back and magicked it over.."

"Told you it was a Weasley," Draco smirked in triumph. "But what does it say?"

"The rest of the family is on vacation, but he managed to stay home for work. But we're welcome to stay with him if we'd like."

"No offense to him, but he's probably the worst Weasley to stay with."

"I can agree with you on that," Harry set the letter down, propping his elbows up on his thighs and setting his head in his hands. "But where else would we go?"

"Once Hedwig gets back, we can owl your godfather." Draco suggested.

"He wants me to use a different owl everytime I write," Harry sighed. "But I've only got access to one during the summer."

"I guess we're stuck, then. Its only mid July, and I'm staying all through August. We'll just have to deal with it."

"Guess so.."

Harry finished his food and rinsed his plate. He looked down sadly, and it almost seemed like he was in thought.. He suddenly looked sick for a second, but then returned to his original state, looking at the floor sadly.

Draco noticed, of course, and slowly walked forward, standing between Harry's legs. He took Harry's hands in his, and grinned as Harry looked up.

"Hey, it's alright. After this summer, I have a feeling you won't be staying here anymore.."