Week 2: Day 9

(Warning, sensitive topics. Probably should of put this earlier I apologize 😭)

Harry sleepily walked into the kitchen as he rubbed his eyes, and found Petunia teaching Draco how to cook something. Draco looked over at him and smiled, holding his arm out as Harry walked toward him and rested at his side, too tired to care.

"Morning, Harry." He greeted as his arm wrapped itself around Harry's waist.

"Mornin'," Harry sniffed the sweet air. "Whatcha makin?"

"Waffles!" Petunia claimed enthusiastically.

Harry lazily let his head rest against Draco's shoulder, and nodded. He realized it was mostly quiet, meaning Vernon most likely wasn't there. Harry remembered that he hadn't seen his uncle in a couple days. He started to wonder if he was really at work.

"Dad left early this morning. Saw him leave around five." Dudley blurted, as if he had been reading Harry's mind.

Harry made a noise of understanding, and they let themselves be in silence. The only sound being heard was the sizzle of the waffle maker.

"Smells good," Harry commented.

"Can you get the butter and jam out of the fridge please, Harry?" Petunia asked as she flipped the waffle over.

Harry detached himself from Draco and did as he was told. He set the table while he was at it.

Once the waffles were made and put on the table, Harry started washing the dishes, because that's what he normally did. He felt bad that he hadn't done it in a couple days, if he was being completely honest.

"Harry, come sit. We'll worry about dishes afterwards." Draco put his hands on Harry's shoulders and guided him to a chair at the table, and then pushed Harry's chair in.

Harry just sighed and didn't protest this time. He ate slowly but surely, and stayed quiet the entire meal. But as soon as he finished, he took everyone's already empty plates and went to wash them, along with the other dishes.

Petunia rushed to help him, and assured Dudley and Draco that they could continue their conversation. Harry swore he heard his name and "love" in the same three word sentence, (specifically out of Draco's mouth) but he couldn't be sure.

Harry lifted his sleeves slightly so he wouldn't get them wet, and that's when Petunia noticed.

His arms.

That's why he'd been hiding them.

She tried to disguise her look of horror, and breathed slowly to calm herself down.

"Harry, dear, don't worry about the chores for another day. I'll do them. You go upstairs and relax. I insist." She said softly.

Harry again stayed quiet and went to his bedroom without protesting. As soon as she heard his door shut, Petunia rushed back to Draco to talk to him.

"Draco," She looked at him, her eyes narrowed. "I think Harry needs you."

Draco immediately stood.

"And if you find the knife," She whispered. "Bring it to me."

"Of course, Mrs. Dursley." Draco immediately rushed up the stairs.

Draco knocked and entered, startling Harry. He didn't even have time to hide himself. He quickly put one of his hands behind his back and attempted to pull his sleeves down, which Draco noticed.

"Oh, Draco. Hi." He greeted nervously.

"What was that I saw in your hand just now?"

"What?"