Week 1: Day 6

"Hey Harry, isn't your birthday soon?"

"Yeah. It's next week, I think."

"The thirty first, right?"

"Uh huh."

Harry and Draco had just finished the chores, and were now in the kitchen drinking tea. Harry sat atop the counter, while Draco stood next to him. Dudley sat at the table, watching the television, eating some snacks.

Vernon was out for work, and Petunia was napping in her room.

"Want me to get you anything?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Why not?! The best thing mum and dad have ever got you were socks! They were some of dad's old ones too... Blegh." Dudley turned his head and his focus from the screen to his cousin.

"You can't be serious!" Draco's jaw dropped.

"Unfortunately, I am."

"I am going to get you the best goddamn present you've ever received, Harry. Mark my words." Draco took a sip of tea.

Harry didn't say a word, being too embarrassed to do so. He just quietly sipped the tea Draco made (because that's one thing he already knew how to do the muggle way.).

Harry just stared at the floor as he zoned out, and jumped as Draco put a hand on his thigh to zone him back in.

Draco kept it there for a good while, but did not make eye contact with Harry. Draco was watching the television with curiosity.

"I find it so strange," He muttered. "I didn't know there were moving photos in the muggle world. That frame you have for it is quite.. Unique."

"That's because it's not a moving photo, Draco. It's a television."

"A tele– what?"

"A television. It may look similar to a moving photo, but it isn't."

Harry continued to explain everything he knew, making sure to thoroughly separate the differences. Draco caught on quick, and nodded along in understanding. Dudley even shot in once in a while.

Petunia walked into the kitchen about 10 minutes later after her nap, and found the three teenagers all having a civil conversation and laughing. She smiled and sat at the table next to her son, deciding join in.

They soon heard a car come up into the driveway, so Dudley jumped up and looked out the window.

"Shit, it's dad!" He exclaimed.

"Harry, I'm so sorry for this." Petunia stood as Harry set his cup down and hopped off the counter.

"Do what you must. Make sure it's believable." Harry sighed.

Draco nodded in agreement, knowing what had to be done. He watched as Petunia grabbed a knife from the drawer, readying into position.

"I won't actually hit you with it. Just pretend to threaten." She assured.

As soon as Vernon walked in, Petunia raised the knife and started yelling about whatever she could come up with. Calling Harry ungrateful, telling him off for not finishing a chore, etc. This was the kind of thing her husband loved coming home to.

Harry stood there as he usually did, as Draco yelled back at Petunia to "protect" Harry. Dudley stood behind his mother, trying his hardest to laugh. He struggled, but managed.

Vernon smiled a satisfied smile, and walk passed them. As soon as they heard his bedroom door close, they all stopped and sighed.

Both Petunia and Dudley apologized repeatedly, and Harry forgave them, trying not to cry. It had all seemed so realistic, but they both tried a bit too hard, and it stung a little. He was used to that sort of thing though, obviously.