Chp 17: Leave.

"Ohhhh god." I stared at myself in the mirror, my reflected image floating and dipping, and then rest of my bathroom swimming in and out of view.

'Is this all because of Shuu's bite?' I thought groggily.

I had slept for 12 solid hours after an awkward dinner with my family and the Sakamakis.

I rubbed my eyes and my vision cleared enough to allow me to fix my complexion a little bit.

Wanting to go back to sleep, I walked out of my bathroom just as my mother walked into the room.

"Hello, darling. I wanted to talk to you about going home, but you've been asleep for a while." She said, in a drippy voice.

'Cut the bullshit.'

My mother sat down on my bed, and I remained standing near the bathroom door.

"Your sisters have expressed that they are homesick, so your father and I have decided that we're all going home today." She stared at me intensely, as if expecting me to respond.

I didn't.

"You're coming home with us." My mother added.

"No." I snapped.

My mother glared at me. "What the hell do you mean, no? I am your mother and you will obey me. You are coming home with your family today."

"No." I kept my voice level, careful to not show that she was getting under my skin. "You don't get to push me away for my entire life, and then show up again like you were there for me the whole time. I am not going home with you. I like it here, and although I miss my friends, I would rather stay here than go back to your hellhole of a house."

She was silent for a second. I could sense her anger bubbling up and up and up, until she looked at me with the least loving expression she'd ever looked at me with.

"Fine." She said after a few seconds. "Then I will no longer consider you a part of this family. You will not be allowed to contact me, your father, your sisters or your brother."

"What? I'm fine with not ever talking to Charlotte or Sarah ever again, but Dirk was always there for me, and I'll talk to him whenever I want." I could feel tears welling in my eyes.

"No. If you want out, then you are out completely. It is your choice."

My mother stood up and rigidly rushed out of my room, the door slamming slightly behind her.

The tears finally spilled over.

I sat down on my bed, bile rising in my throat. I had always wished out, but I never thought it would've happened this way.

—Time Skip—

Five hours later, I had collected myself to leave my room.

I walked slowly out the door, down the hallways, finding my way to the rooms my brother was staying in.

"Dirk?" I pushed the door open and peeked in.

He wasn't there.

The room was empty, almost as if no one had been there in the first place.

'They really all left.'

As I walked down hallways and more hallways, I felt hollow, and everything seemed unreal. I missed messing around with my sisters and hanging out with my brothers.

I shook my head to clear the dizzying emotions.

'I'll get used to it.'

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Woahhh 2 updates in a week 😱

Surprise!!!

I am actually working towards finally finishing this fanfiction yayyy!!

I was gonna go further into this chapter with more bite scenes and stuff but I felt like it was getting too smutty, but lmk what you think —>

Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter <3

-danny