Chp 18: Oh hey Yui's back

Throughout the week after the first time Shuu bit me, the rest of the Sakamaki's had their own attempts to get a bite too which I gladly deflected in ways that, more often than not, involved violence.

I also got used to Yui and my family not being around. It could get lonely but it was fine.

I was relaxing on my bed watching whatever dumb YouTube videos I could get my hands on when I heard chatter from the living room.

I made my way to the living room and leaned on the upstairs railing to peek down at the brothers gathering around a couch.

"Hey, what's going on??" I trotted down the stairs to get a closer look at what was there.

"Ayato got Yui back from the Mukami's." Reiji said, backing away from the couch to let me see.

Yui was lying there, breathing shallowly. Her skin was way whiter than it usually was, and her neck was littered with so many bites that they looked more like tiny stab wounds.

"Oh my god, what the fuck." I crouched next to her and inspected her even closer. "How is she even alive?"

Reiji pushed his glasses up. "We'll have to get her on blood amplifiers and cranberry juice."

"Think these will scar?" I gestured to the bite marks.

"Most likely. They will be inconspicuous though." Subaru leaned down to peer at the bites. He seemed mildly interested in this new development even though he was no where to be found the majority of the time.

Ayato was stewing on an armchair by the wall. He was mumbling some mumbo-jumbo about owning something and who has 'her'.

I assumed he was referring to Yui, but it was still weird.

"I'll take her to her room." Shuu offered, scooping Yui up into his arms.

"And I'll get her changed because, I will not lie, y'all still aren't very trustworthy, even with Yui in this condition." I added, following him as he walked out of the living room.

There were a few chuckles from the brothers as we walked out, but despite their usual inhumane treatment of Yui, they seemed worried about her.

Shuu placed Yui, weirdly gently, onto her bed and zapped out of the room.

I changed her into her usual relaxing clothes and cleaned her up a little bit before laying next to her.

I watched her shallow breathing relax into deeper breaths she relaxed more in her sleep. I smiled, glad she was home.

However, in the back of my mind, worries jumbled around, blurring my vision and taking over my thoughts until I fell asleep.

'I'll worry about it later.'

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Wooo!!! Another chapter down!!
Im so proud of myself yall 😍😍
Im so excited to finally finish this story (cause it's been like 3 years) and I hope you guys enjoy the rest!

-danny