Chapter 3

Becky POV

I sat down at the balcony of my house with a hot
cup of coffee trapped between my fingers. I sat
there quietly looking at the beauties of nature.
Everywhere appear's green, the ever tall trees
and the ever short ones, the beautiful flowers
surrounding all over the street and beyond, I love the serenity of nature.

I look a sip of my coffee and sighed. I was actually thinking back to how my life had been. My parents passed away from a fatal accident when I was 18, having no relative ,siblings I was alone. I had hard time finishing college but I did and after college I had to get a work as a secretary to keep me going.

I only had my bestfriend Irin who is now the only family I have left. So I needed to be strong for both of us but am being stupid this days and its scares the hell out of me.

I don't know why I'm developing some burning
attractions and passions towards my boss Miss Freen. I tend to be getting the looks she gives me at times. Although am not sure if am getting it correctly but the looks do get me on fire and for heaven sake I hope that am wrong. I don't want things getting complicated... I hissed...

*********************************

Author's POV

At Freen's residence. the only single conclusion
she came up with was to confess to Becky about her feelings for her but she is afraid that Becky might turn her down or worst resign and run away from her.

Her best friend Noey had been trying to reason
with her and get her out of her dilemma for
almost 2hrs without any success. It angers her
that as smart and as confident as Freen is, she is still fretting in this situation. ..

"Look man! Get your head together, Becky seems to be a lovely woman and am sure she won't turn you down if you go about it the right way. Besides, what woman can even resist your
charms?" Noey whispered-talked to her and that seems to mentally calm her down. .

****************************

Becky POV

In the office of Miss Freen., we kept staring at
each other, you might as well think that we were having a staring contest. It has been almost 50minutes since Miss Freen asked me to see her in her office and I have been sitting in front of her desk for what seems like forever but she hadn't said a single thing and we had only been staring at each other.

I sucked in a sharp breath. I was completely stiff and worried, hoping that I haven't done anything wrong and yet I didn't want to be the first to break the silence.

********************************

Suddenly, she cleared her throat and nervously
spoke for the first time since I got into the office.

"Becky, am sorry or taking much of your time. I just wanted to ask you if you're free tonight and if you will be able to dine with me?"

I was completely taken aback. I had least expected her to ask me out. After some minutes of hesitation, I told her I would be free to, I didn't want to refuse so that she wouldn't think of it the other way round. She told me she would come pick me up at exactly 8pm.

Immediately I was about to leave her office, I
turned on a blank expression. I didn't want my
co-workers to start gossiping about me or for
them to misunderstand in any case. And just like
I had expected. got all eyes on me the moment
I came out of her office. I walked straight to my
desk, sat down and continued my work.

*************************

- Your innocent author P.D