Chapter 24

Becky's POV

"Shhhhsh! Don't cry dear, it's gonna be okay". Irin consoled me but I wasn't sure if she knew what she was really saying.

I mean, how is it ever going to be okay? With all that had happened, how will it be ok?. I wanted to shout and tell her that I don't believe it will ever be okay but I couldn't find my voice, so I just wished that it would really be okay for my own sake at least.

__________________

A week later I was still in bed. I haven't gone out at all not even once. Irin had talked me into going out but I refused to listen and I haven't bulged from my bed ever since.

In truth. I was scared and nervous. I didn't know how to face Freen. I don't even know if I have it in me to go to work again. "God! What have I done?" I screamed and drag my hair painfully hard.

I knew that I was going crazy, that is, if using the word crazy is not an understatement.

"yooo dee, you up?". I heard the echoes of Irin's voice blooming into the house. "Ah, here she is at it again"

"Come on Becky, you can't keep avoiding her forever. You have to face her and face the reality of what had happened, you can't just hide in here and expect everything to be Okay. you should fight it tackle it and free yourself off the burden. OK?". Irin advised, but I was too busy looking at the movement of her lips to register what exactly she was talking about.

"Really? Are you just going to keep looking at me like that or are you going to do as I say?" Irin shoots out and snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah, yeah, I will" I mumbled out, not even sure if I heard myself.

Walking in to the company and looking side ways like a criminal who was on the run. I kept biting my right hand finger and fidgeting the left fingers.

All of this symptoms were caused by the extreme fear and nervousness of meeting Freen. Not long after I sat down in a slouch, a colleague of mine came over to tell me that Miss Freen was looking for me.

I sluggishly got up, went straight to her office. got in and met her receiving a call.

"OK Heidi, Iam hoping you will make it to our meeting at the cafe Ha Tien tomorrow". She said and listened to the reply of the so-called Heidi.

"Yes dear, I missed you too just don't keep me waiting tomorrow. Okay, meet me at the company so we will go over there together. Yeah Sure, take care". She ended the call and kept down the phone before looking at me emotionless.

"Sit" she ordered and I immediately sat down.

"Why were you not in the office for a whole week? I don't tolerate unserious people. If as my secretary, you can go off for a week without my permission then I will assume that you work for yourself and not for me, is that it?", she asked and continued without waiting for my reply. "that must not repeat itself again Miss Armstrong".

I gasped silently, she had never used my surname before just like that and it shocked me to hear her say it now, that must symbolize that we are really over.

My eyes were all cloudy with tears but I held them back. "I'm  sorry miss, it won't happen again" I said with a strangled voice.

"You may leave now" she dismissed me with a nod.

I went back to my desk. sniffing back my tears silently. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry my heart out. It hurt so much, her recent nonchalant behavior towards me hurt more than anything. I wish she would just yell at me or even hit me than the way she acts all coldly.

__________________

I lay in bed trying hard to sleep but I couldn't. "Who is Heidi" I asked myself for the ninth time now, hoping that the answer would emerge miraculously from somewhere and just then. I got a flashback of having heard Nop talk of someone called Heidi.

I zapped out of bed like I had been electrified. "Oh my God, oh my God. No it can't be. I just can't believe it was what Nop said about Heidi true?". Millions of questions kept popping into my brain, especially when I remembered how Freen had hesitated when I asked her who Heidi is. "Oh my God!" I said one last time and started crying all over again.

Laying still in bed not even sure if I was respirating. It was 7am in the morning and I haven't slept a bit. I have cried to my fill and think so much that I could feel my brain wrecking. I had to get to work but I was sure that i looked exactly like a zombie.

I didn't think I had the strength to get up from bed until the memory of Freen speaking with Heidi on phone about meeting at the cafe Ha Tien today came flooding back to me and I immediately rushed out of bed to the bathroom.

I have to get to work as soon as possible to find out who that Heidi is and what relationship they both have (undercover mission on point).

On my arrival to the company. I figured out that I arrived early just like I have hoped, because Miss Freen was yet to be in her office.

I went straight to her office with a bunch of white tulip flower and a cup of jasmine tea. The tulip flower are her favorite and so was the Jasmine tea. I sat them down on her desk and in the flower lies a small card that I had stuck in.

Not long after I left her office, she came in with her cell phone stuck on her ear, signifying that she was making a call. She kept talking on phone without noticing the flower and cup on her desk.

10minutes later, a very gorgeous 5ft tall young lady cat-walked into the company with her dark brown hair dangling on her back. We all stopped working and stared at her. She was extremely beautiful and hot as well.

Before I knew it. she had walked past me straight to her office without even sparing me a glance. I quickly followed her with an attempt to stop and ask her if she has an appointment with her, but before I could reach her, she was already in her office.

Freen got up from her chair, walked up to her and they both hugged. I felt a spark of jealousy. I wanted to rip them apart from their intimate hug. When they finally let go off each other she walked to her desk and took a sip of the jasmine tea I has successfully kept for her.

I bailed my hands into a fist. gosh. feeling the hot anger rising up in me. "Hey Heidi since you are already here, we should leave now" I heard Freen say to her and she nodded. I felt more angered than I was before.

"Ahh, so this is the Heidi? "I asked myself. It was no wonder that I had already hated her since I first heard her name before I even saw her face.

As they existed the door. I got up to follow them. "I must see this to the end" I vowed to myself.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Our Becbec is on her secret mission  🤫.Will there be Freenbecky or not ,what do u guys think ? 🤔 (Don't forget to vote and comment)

- Your innocent author P.D