[ 004 ]

'Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.'
- Alexander Graham

After she had rested for two hours after breakfast, she had first gone to the ice rink to have registered there once. The rink was large and there were several ice surfaces. The ice was made fresh every hour so she always had fresh ice, which wasn't bad. She had practiced on the ice for two hours. Mainly quadruple and triple jumps. Then tomorrow she was going to practice spins. Around thirteen o'clock she had been back at the hotel to eat something small. After that she went back to her room, where she rested again. She watched some television and then even fell asleep at some point. Around eighteen o'clock there was a knock at her room door and surprisingly it was her brother Charles who invited her to the in-house gym with the boys.

Half an hour later she had changed her clothes and was ready to do some sports with the Formula 1 drivers. In front of the Gym they were again. The five and once again waiting for her and Charles.

"Are you ready to go to the gym with us?" asked Daniel, smiling again.

"Depends if you're ready?" she laughed, knowing that while there would be similarities, there would also be big differences in their workouts.

"I like that."

They walked in and warmed up first. Unfortunately, there were no seven treadmills, but Max, Carlos and Lando preferred the bike anyway. So they could split up. Since it was enough for her to jog for ten minutes, she then got off and started stretching a bit. Not to the limit, but already something to be able to achieve the required mobility. Then the boys had also finished. She herself wanted to train only upper body, because she wanted to practice her jumps later. Charles and Carlos were both training upper body as well, so she joined them. But of course they lifted much more weight than she did. She had a well-toned body, but even so, her arms were nowhere near as important as her jumping strength.

After her arms were really just jello, she saw how the others were still working out the legs and Daniel was on the leg press. She scanned how much he was pressing and noticed she wasn't doing bad at all.

"Well, surprised?" asked Daniel, grinning widely again.

"Nah, I can handle that too."

"Really?" he asked suddenly shocked and his smile disappeared.

The others noticed the conversation and joined in as he made room for her and she had to press a hundred and eighty kilograms. She sat down and positioned her legs. Then she actually lifted the weight with fifteen reps.

"Whoa, hats off." said Max, who had been watching her as had the others.

"Well, and one-legged I'm pushing ninety kilos," she said challengingly.

"One-legged?" asked Carlos.

"Yes." she smiled superiorly and adjusted the weight to ninety kilos.

She positioned her right leg and then pressed the ninety kilograms, repeating it fifteen times as well. She stood up and challenged Daniel to try as well. He sat down and placed only one leg and tried to press it. He actually managed it with some groaning and repeated the whole thing eight times before he nearly collapsed.

"This is honestly hard. How?"

"As a figure skater, you need leg muscles more than anything else. You can't do anything without it," she shrugged.

"It's not that hard, is it?" said Carlos, motivated, and sat down.

He pushed out and snorted.

"Oh." was all he said, getting a big laugh from everyone else. Still, he went through with it and repeated the exercise six times.