Chapter 1

My feet hit the pavement as I willed them to go faster. Hurry! He's coming! I didn't have to be smart to know he had a gun on me. I could hear his footsteps getting louder as he was catching up to me. My clumsy legs were no match for his fit, muscular ones. My eyes scanned the area. If I can't run I must hide. We were in a big, open park. Just a couple plants and a sidewalk. There was nowhere to hide. I was screwed.

We both knew it.

For one blissful second, I heard his steps stop. But then a heavy body came down on me. I fell onto the pavement, hard.

"Ashley Kent, you are under arrest for the murders of multiple Agents of Secret Stuff, and for working with the illegal group, the Society Involving No-So-Good Stuff" the agent said.

I knew who he was. I helped the S.I.N.S. hack into the A.S.S.'s database and look at his profile. His name was Ryan. Ryan Higa.

Ryan handcuffed me and pulled me up. He dragged me into the white van that had been pursuing our chase. He threw me in and got in afterwards. My photographic memory recognized the man in the driver's seat as Traci. He looked the same as when I had first hacked into their database and saw his profile.

I didn't try to scream. I knew there was no way I was getting out of this. I watched as Ryan held a rag to my mouth. Chloroform.

"Breathe" he instructed.

Even though I was well aware of the fact Ryan would eventually win, I held my breath anyway. Growing frustrated, Ryan used his free hand to grasp my neck. My instincts kicked in and I took a breath so I wouldn't die from choking. I saw Ryan smirk right before I blacked out.