Chapter 21

Ryan's silent for a moment. Then his hand slowly reaches out and cups my cheek. It's such an unexpected gesture that I flinch at the touch. Ryan immediately pulls his hand down but I pick it back up and put it back to it's original place. Our breaths seem to stop at the same moment as we stare into each other's eyes.

Suddenly I stand up and connect our lips. Ryan isn't even phased as his arms wrap around my waist and pull me close.

Ryan leans back an inch and asks, "Do you trust me?" The question seems like it has more than one meaning.

I nod my head a fraction of an inch and Ryan grabs my hand, leading me to his bedroom. Since these apartments are small, it doesn't take long before we enter his room and resume kissing.

Ryan seems more dominant as he kisses me with force, backing me up until the back of my knees hit his comforter. My heart rate picks up as I fall back onto his bed. Ryan climbs on top of me, his weight now held my his hands that press down on the bed around my head.

I start to get short of breath and Ryan takes it as a cue to go further with his movements. His hips come in contact with mine and I panic.

My hands press against his chest and I say, "Wait."

Ryan stops immediately. He looks at my face and says, "Ashley, don't worry you can trust me. I'll be gentle."

"No no no" I say and I start to shake.

Ryan immediately gets off of me when he sees my state.

"Hey what's wrong? I'm sorry if I'm going too fast" he says sincerely.

I start to crawl back on Ryan's bed, putting distance between us. Ryan seems almost hurt by this action.

"I-it's not you" I say. "Please believe me" I add to try to further my statement.

"What is it then?" Ryan asks.

He's met with my silence.

"Ashley, tell me" Ryan says, an edge in his voice because he knows it's important.

"I- I can't" I say. He shouldn't know. It could ruin everything.

"Ashley if you think I'm actually going to let you come on this mission while you're keeping from me something that's making you like this, then you're absolutely wrong" Ryan says.

"D-Trix" is all I can mutter out.

"What about him?!" Ryan growls, starting to make assumptions in his head.

"He raped me."