The Ten Kingdoms - Chapter 6

(Chapter 6 of this story, still don't know what I'm doing with it yet, figured I'll continue writing it for fun until I make up my mind.)

Vinny Butler

"Vinny, pass me the ball!" Logan shouted to me as I wound open and threw the football to him in the front yard. I watched as he jumped up and caught it twenty yards from me. "That's my quarterback."

"Haha." I laughed as he threw the ball back at me and I caught it. "You think we'll make it back to the championship again this year?" I asked as I threw the ball to Justin, he was to my right, not down field like Logan.

"Of course." Justin said as he caught the pass. "We killed everyone last year, and we return our whole team, there isn't going to be a close game." That is true, last year we went undefeated and won the championship in our tackle football league. 

"Yeah, and with you at quarterback, and Justin at running back, we'll put up thirty every game." Logan jogged in, getting a little closer as Justin threw him the ball, he caught it with one hand as he got closer. "And there isn't a team with a player who can cover me."

"Yeah, yeah, we know you have the best hands." Justin said, rolling his eyes as Logan threw the ball to me. "We'll be the best trio our school has ever seen when we get to high school, I can't wait until then."

"We aren't going to lose a game." I said, smiling as I thought about playing under the lights in front of a lot of fans. "I have to build up my arm strength though, it's not as strong as it needs to be right now for that."

"Well, you have a lot of time." Justin told me. "And it's already better than most." I nodded, this was true, I had a great arm. "You out throw everyone on our team by ten yards, but your passes are usually accurate, so it makes you even better."

"I can't wait for this season to start now!" Logan jumped up and down thinking about the season up ahead of us. "But it also means school starts within a week, which is going to suck!" I agreed with that. "We better be placed in the same class; I don't think I can go a whole year without you guys."

"You can." Justin told him, but we chuckled. "You'll probably get in trouble though."

"Haha." I laughed. "Yeah, he probably would, it's usually us who covers for him." 

"Hey!" I threw the ball at Logan, he caught it like he usually did, and he smiled at me. "I guess you two are right, I do tend to get in trouble, which is why I need you two right now." He threw the ball to Justin. "But I just don't want to go back to school, I hate learning, the work is stupid."

"I think that's what everyone thinks, Logan." I told him, knowing very well I hated learning in school, I got bored very easily. "Let's just not worry about the future right now, we don't have school for a week."

"Yeah, I rather not think about school right now too." Justin said as we continued to throw the ball around, having fun before school starts within a week, something none of us wanted to go back to.

--

Liam Carnell

I opened my eyes, and the sight before me was the same. My mother held me in her arms, sitting down on her throne, however, a person wasn't there speaking to us, and it seemed like my father wasn't here as well. Jade and Ajax were still right in front of us, making sure the people didn't try anything on us, which I didn't think would happen.