The Ten Kingdoms - Chapter 27

(Don't know if I'm going to continue this, but I figured I might as well post this chapter that I have. I might continue it, I might not, haven't decided. I want to write it, or something of my own, but don't know yet.)

I was now five years old, and it was time, we were leaving today, it was time to go out into the Kingdom. I will finally be able to see the world I live in, I don't have to stay stuck up in here, sitting by, doing nothing but training and learning the ways of a noble.

Emma says that I've come a long way, which made me happy, I was upset that I was leaving her. I've spent these five years stuck to her side, always going where she was, or I should say, she was always where I went. I didn't dislike that, I'm attached to her, I'll admit that.

She also always brought Anna with her, so she was with me all the time as well. She's been growing so much lately, she's now two, almost three, five months away. She was walking, but unlike me, she hadn't awakened as a mage.

I knew she would eventually, but all I can do for her now is give her my love. I'm going to miss my sister, but I'll only be gone for a little, so there's nothing to worry about, I'll see her again in no time.

I've also been spending a lot of time with Olivia, she's grown on me, and was truly my best friend now. I'm happy I've gotten to meet her, she's been very kind to me, and it wasn't just because I was a Prince, she was just genuinely nice and carefree.

I was currently getting dressed in my room alone, they were waiting for me by the front entrance. Jade was outside my door waiting for me, she was wearing her purple armor, her official armor.

As a Prince, I always have to dress the part, so I'm putting on a black and purple shirt and pants, they were dress up pants. The shirt had a collar on it, and it was a nice shirt, but it wasn't the most formal. 

Right now, in the Kingdom of Villena it's pretty hot, so my father said to pack and wear short sleeves until it gets cold, which was fine with me. "Hurry up, Liam." Jade said, knocking on the door. "They are waiting for us."

"I'm coming." I told her. "Just one more minute." I only had the pants and belt on, I was taking my time because I was playing with the motts of mana in my shadow. I quickly slipped on my shirt, fixed the collar, and prepared to leave.

Now that I was five, I was able to do so much more, magic, talking, actively wise, it was so nice. The formal training with Emma wasn't the greatest, but it was never meant to be, so I never complained.

Magic wise, I was on a whole other level than I was a mere nine months ago. I was a lot better with a sword and was capable of performing all my spells to mastery, there was still room for improvement, quantity could always grow, but control, that's where I was now good at.

I also started learning to learn new spells, Jade said I could skip a few steps because of my mastery of the other two, so I started learning one simple spell that shadow mages can learn, and an expert level one, wasn't even close to figuring that one out though.

And of course, I've been going to meetings with my father, I've been learning a lot from him, things I didn't know about the world previously. It was always good learning new things; I was going to need as much knowledge as possible for the future when I become King.

Speaking of meetings, those Reapers haven't come back up ever since the last one that killed Kain, which was good. I was hoping that was the last time we would hear from them, but I doubt that, they were going to show back up, I just don't know when.

"Liam." Jade said my name once again, and I rolled my eyes and went towards the door, knowing that I was probably holding everyone up anyways, needing to get down to the entrance as soon as possible.