Alto Clef

Jack's day started with a chocolate croissant and an iced coffee. He's been reading files since forever, probably because he wants to know where he can cause chaos.

"Doctor, you have a visitor." Pedro informed.

"Let him in, please." The man turned out to be Doctor Lebardy.

"Hello there, Doctor Bright."

"Well hello, Doctor Lebardy." Jack beckoned his visitor to sit down, letting him welcome himself and sat down the sofa.

"I just wanna stop by and see if you're adjusting well. I'm pretty amazed that you look like a professional at work."

"Thank you, Doctor Lebardy. It's just years of experience back at home." He tried to take a feel out of the man and see what he was dealing with here.

His clothes are ironed with care, and his tie is carefully aligned. He speaks in a well-mannered tone and a calming but nervous voice. His eyes seem to circle around me, though.

"I assume that you haven't been sent on a mission before."

"Yes, sir."

"Then this will be your first assignment." He handed him a folder with the label "SCP-160". I remember them saying that their number is in order of when they were found. This must be the 160th anomaly that they discovered.

"It's about a living ice cream truck?" Bright asked.

"Yes. It's last location was in Paris. You are to investigate and contain the anomaly in the nearest branch." So he's testing me.

"Alright. Leave this to me." He continued reading the file, consisting of it's first eyewitness and suspected victims.

"Do you have any questions?"

"No, sir."

"I see. Then, I'll place my trust in your hands. You can leave the combat in your DTF personnel." He left, leaving two gifts on the sofa.

"Doctor, when will we depart?" The soldier asked.

"Later, Commander Pedro. I'm gonna need to pack whatever I have and freshen up before going on a mission."

"You sound like you have a lot of experience in this."

"I do, in fact. Before I ended up here, I used to be a researcher working on anomalies."

"You weren't an SCP before?"

"Yeah. I was just a normal person, until this amulet was latched on to me. I became immortal ever since."

"I'm sorry for prying, doctor."

"No need, we're comrades. By the way, how exactly does the DTF operate?"

"Like our name suggests, Direct Task Force deals with anomalies directly. We're experts in containing anomalies."

"Like every single DTF member?"

"Yes, sir. We usually operate as teams of four. Two are responsible for operating on the front lines and the other one is the back up. If ever the other three fail, the last one will call the headquarters and go on the front line."

"That's interesting. Is there more to learn other than that?"

"Yes sir. The Task Forces are split into 2. The DTF and the MTF. While the DTF specializes in containing anomalies, MTF is responsible for dealing with human enemies. I don't know much about how they operate, but they're always in a war against other companies."

"Other companies?"

"Yes sir. While SCP Labs is the only company that has the legibility to contain anomalies, the other companies seek to destroy or copy us, hence the everyday war."

"I see. This information has been useful. I'm gonna go back to my room and see if I can bring anything." He stood up and brought all the desserts from Doctor Lebardy. This guy is starting to grow on me.

When he came back, he tripped on a box on the floor and fell down to his bed. "Huh? Why are there so many boxes in my room?"

"They must be gifts, sir. The people seem to adore your presence." He paused for a bit, standing up and clearing the boxes on his path.

"Hey, you two. Can you help me unbox these presents? There must be something of use for the mission." He bent down and opened the first box. It contained a t-shirt.

They opened each box for an hour, finding a lot of useful items, even a green luggage bag.

"Doctor, are you sure you want to bring these brand new ones? We have some clothes that we can lend you." Pietro, Pedro's twin, offered.

"It's alright. I'm sure we'll spend a short amount of time anyway." A soft knock was heard on the door.

"Doctor Bright? Are you there?" He opened the door and revealed Doctor Avery.

"What's going on?" She tried to catch her breath.

"I heard from Doctor Lebardy that you were about to go to Paris, so I have no choice but to give this now." She gave me a letter, with a signature from a certain friend. He hurried to open the letter and read its contents.

I can't believe that I'm writing you a letter, Bright. If this letter reaches you, then it must mean that my son is alive and well. I hid this letter in my ukulele in hopes that you take care of my son in my absence. I doubt I'll be alive this time anyway, not with this world about to fall. Ever since I heard about your escape with your brother, I've been wondering about how my son would be safe with you, so I threw him in the portal as well.

Also, you will be alone in this new journey. I don't wanna admit it, but you definitely earned a place in my thoughts. I hope you fare well in your journey. Knowing you, I know you will push through any difficulty in your way, no matter how hard it is. Just stop messing around and cause deadly chaos. I still remember when you loaded my shotgun with sprinkles. Got hospitalized for a week. Damn you, Bright.

"Doctor Bright?" Avery called, worried about the contents in the letter and his poker face.

"Doctor Avery, where did this come from?" He had a hint of uneasiness in his voice. 

"Oh that? I found it in my ukulele. What does it entail?"

"Before I tell you, where did the ukulele come from?"

"It's been with me since I was born." Bright gave her the letter.

"Read it. It's from your father. Make sure to give it back though." She was surprised to read the contents, while Bright and the twins suited up for the mission.

"You three can keep a secret, right?" The twins nodded at her question.

"Who knows? I might use it as a blackmail."

"Doctor Bright." The three groaned in annoyance.

"Anyway, just like the letter said, I'm actually a guy." The twins gasped in utmost shock, seeing the two real mountains still on her chest.

"Makes sense. Your dad has a mysterious reality-bending abilities, while your mother is literally a goddess. I'll give you everything I know as soon as we get back from the mission."

"Good luck, then." They parted ways soon after, with the four soldiers leading Bright to the helicopter.