Scars of the Past

"Now that everything's wrapped up, why don't we go get some food first? It's past lunch time." Jack offered to his team.

"Is it your treat again?" Daniel rested his arm on James's shoulders.

"Sure, why not?" Oddly enough, the MTF team is still following us.

"You're too kind, Doc! You're basically spoiling us." Pietro complained.

"What, you don't wanna be spoiled?"

"Not really, it's just that you're the kindest doctor we've ever worked for. Most of the doctors we worked for are either money hungry or people obsessed with their experiments." He snickered, frowning right after.

"Me? Kind? Don't joke with me. I just know how to treasure what's still there." His team frowned, realizing that the man has witnessed horrors beyond their comprehension. "You guys still want those meals?"

"Sure Doc, treat us whenever you want!"

"Exactly, the Government will pay anyway!"

"You shameless bastards." Daniel remarked.

"So what? It's Doc's treat!" The five of them laughed at the chaos.

"They sure are a lively bunch." One of the MTFs following them commented.

"I understand them though, it's rare to meet kind people nowadays. They sure got lucky."

Before they stepped in the elevator, a local doctor stepped out and stood right at the door.

"Good afternoon, Doctor Jade." The MTFs greeted her.

I don't like what's about to happen. Jack slowly moved behind James and Pedro.

The elevator doors closed and moved up, leaving them all in there. "Aw shoot, we missed the elevator." Pedro complained.

"Good afternoon, Doctor Jack Bright." She reached for her pockets.

"Good afternoon as well, doctor." Jack replied sarcastically.

"Unfortunately, our king wants you dead." She pulled out her gun and tried to aim at Jack, who was suddenly nowhere to be seen.

"Formation A!" Screamed Daniel.

"Roger that!" The twins ran off to the side where Jack was hiding.

Meanwhile, the MTFs were trying to shoot her, but thanks to her king, her skin is as hard as metal, and she was as fast as a lion.

"You're from CSK!" One of the MTFs shouted.

"Of course I am. I'm one of their high-ranking priests." Her tongue elongated like a snake, sliding out of her mouth and making a hissing sound.

"Where is Jack Bright?" She looked around, not bothering the bullets just bouncing off of her.

"Shit, we don't have a choice. Let's use that."

"That? You mean this?" She took out four bottles full of bullets disguised as pills. She dropped them on the floor, crushing it beneath her foot as she stepped on them.

It exploded and electrocuted her, but the high voltage didn't even enter her body.

"It doesn't work either. I thought we were just gonna fight some minions or low-ranking priests." The four simultaneously glanced at Daniel and James who have been observing so far.

"You guys didn't tell us anything. We're not as well-prepared as you thought." Daniel said monotonously.

"I'm done playing with all of you. Tell me where Jack is and I'll spare your life."

"As if, bitch!" They pulled out their smoke grenades and threw it at her, running away to the fire exit, only to be slashed by Jade.

"I know how the MTFs operate. You pretend to run then suddenly show up in my back." She then stepped on their bodies and walked towards Daniel and James.

"You two are his bodyguards. Tell me where he is and I'll gladly spare your life." She smirked and hissed at the same time as her pistol danced on her fingers.

Daniel unconsciously looked at the ceiling and saw Jack hanging there skillfully. He was holding Pedro's gun and was aiming for her. So Doc has dealt with them before. I should make a chance for him to strike.

"Not a chance." He smirked and shot her in her arms. She was surprised when the bullets actually pierced through her hand. "You might be forgetting something. We're not MTFs, and our bullets are specialized to deal with SCPs." He slowly backed away, his gun still aiming at her. James shot her in her shoulder and did the same.

"Just because it can penetrate my skin doesn't mean it can kill me." She slowly raised her injured hand and let them watch as she regenerated easily.

They continued shooting her and she continued healing them while slowly walking towards them.

"I will forgive you and let you live as long as you can tell me where Jack Bright is." She immediately grabbed them in the neck and raised them in the air.

This created an opening to her weakness, and Jack saw it as an opportunity to jump down and shoot her on the back of her neck.

He rained that one area with bullets and not long after, she dropped on the floor and died.

"Thanks for buying time."

"No problem, Doc. How'd you do that?"

"They might have tough skin and can regenerate, but they'd never be able to reach the back of their necks. By the way, the twins are busy with something." On cue, Pedro and Pietro appeared at the other end of the hallway, carrying the four soldiers on their backs.

The three of them rushed and let the injured lay down on the floor. In a hurry, Jack removed their vest first and removed their sweaters after, wrapping it around their torso where their wounds were.

"Urgh." One of them tried to move, but Jack stopped him and gently pinned his shoulder down.

"Don't move. The medics are on their way."

"Thank you, Doctor." He replied with a raspy voice.

"Just sleep until you get healed." He stood up and faced his soldiers.

"You actually know how to handle them?"

"I'm a doctor, remember? It's not in name only. I'm a good surgeon as well."

"You're so awesome, Doc!"

"Of course I am." The back up arrived with medics on tow.

"Good work, Doctor. We will be taking care of the enemy." They took the injured soldiers and the dead CSK priest.

"Let's just go to the nearest restaurant. I don't wanna be in Canada anymore."

"Yes, sir!" They called an elevator and rode it in silence.