Chapter Sixteen: Won't hurt em'

Chapter Sixteen:

My dang alarm clock is ticking me off! Every day it’s another twist of good rap mixed with a sound that no one can specify of the species it comes from. But in the end it always kills me.

I punched at my clock, slammed my hand down forty times (a bit of an exaggeration) (maybe), clicked every single button and turned every single knob, I even threw it on the ground (along with myself); and still it would not shut the freaking shrill sound off that was coming from the speakers. But then I got the bright idea of pulling the cord out of the wall, even though I thought it was such a waste of time to have to reset my clock to its original time but I was in a time crunch and I need to think for a second without THIS going on. 

I hopped out of the shower, desperately running to slip on my jeans (which is very hard when you’re still wet), slipped on a tan v-neck tee and my black converse with pink laces. I sloppily and quickly tied up my long hair and pulled it into a tight bun, figuring that by the time that I get to lunch it would be dry and wavy.

I pulled into the parking spot I was a custom to going in, the one right next to Tanner’s already parked Jeep. I jumped out in a trashing way, running into the closed front doors, cursing at myself in my mind for being so late this morning.

“Charlotte!” Liam called from behind me, I paused turning at my name and then wincing at him; to tell him I was really late and not about to talk to him.

“Don’t go in there.” He said reaching out to me when he caught up.

“Wha-why not?” I asked catching on to his forceful smile he put on his face.

“Just don’t, it’s not worth it.” He says pulling me away from the building.

“What’s going on?” I plant my feet on the concrete and threw a ‘what the heck’ face at him. He never acted like this to me and I was beginning to worry.

“Nothing.” He said too quickly, practically telling me that there was something wrong and that it took place in the school.

I roll my eyes, turn and walk down the sidewalk to the building. I bravely glanced back to Liam who is sighing and running up behind me.

“Charlotte, if I were you I would not go into those doors.” He said moving in front of my path, throwing his arms out so they were shielding the doors.

I didn’t listen, pushing him out of the way and slamming through the double doors.

My jaw dropped, heart sank, embarrassment rose to my cheeks and my stomach hurt.

There stood in the front hall were my four best friends, pulling down picture after picture off the hall walls. My hand immediately reached up to my mouth, my bag falling to my feet and my eyes staring at the pictures.

“Liam!” Ivy shrieked, dropping the hanging poster in her hand.

“I thought we told you to keep her away from here until we were done.”

He just shrugged, throwing on a face saying, “Yeah I’m a tough football player and all, but you know a seventeen year old chick that’s twice my size shorter than me can get through my touch ways.” I’m going to kick that kid for still putting up an untouchable smirk on his face.

“What happened Tanner?” I asked pulling off one of the stray posters that they didn’t have a chance to get to. It blares up at me, the lines of the cars, glass and the small subtitle on the top.

Who really caused this? The intoxicated driver or the young guy in the other car, just trying to find his way home?

It read, making my heart skip a beat and my hands shake at the pointless memories.