Chapter Twenty Nine- Total Holly Moment

Chapter Twenty-nine

                Tell me, what is your definition of hurt? It’s really bothering me.

I hurriedly threw on some regular clothes, snatching up my shoes and running out of the door. No longer caring if my parents knew I was leaving, I slammed the door behind me, rushing to my car door and basically ripping the handle off in the process of opening it up.

 I then found myself speeding down the road to get to Holly’s, thrashing out of the car-practically the window- and banging on her door over and over again. I’ll even admit, pacing occurred.

There she stood, mascara pulled and ruined down her pinkish cheeks, hair all frizzy from barring her head in her pillow and her shoulders slouched almost to the ground. It was very sad.

She emerged from her door, slipping her way into my grasp and laying her watery eyes on my shoulder. This was all too much, for me, for her, even for Andrew’s parents.

“What hospital?” I questioned her, staying strong to the best of my ability; someone had to.

“The one on the coast. Um, Benton Coast Hospital.” She muttered, tears jerking at her voice.

I gathered her belongings, you know the ones she threw on the floor when she pulled herself onto my shoulders, and carried her to the car; well with her help obviously.

“Buckle up.” I instruct, hands on the wheel yet no leaving the driveway.

“Charlotte-.”

“Now.” Sure I was stern, who freaking cares?

She sighed heavily, irritated at my remark and then buckled her seat belt around her chest.

“Just drive your beat up car.” She said snidely; what was so wrong with my car?

Other than its rusty fender and its dented passenger side door, it’s a beauty.

***

                “So what he’s like getting tested?” Holly asked, very apprehensive for the news we found out. She hasn’t been worked up like I thought she would be and I didn’t even think that it would turn that bad; maybe usage of my shoulder would occur but so far…nada.

The doctor nodded his thick head of grey hair, his brown eyes longing to leave her face and obviously his patients coming to an end. He was beginning to get sick of this conversation, with the same girl nonetheless.

I was more freaked out at how well she was taking this. I mean she dated this kid, she’s in love with this kid and she’s out here testing the doctor rather than being in the white walled room where Andrew laid. If you took a poll on how the worried difference between me and Holly at this exact moment, I would win by a landslide.

“Like I said, he’s getting tested to make sure that our assumptions are true.” He reworded his older answer again for her.

“And what are you going to do if he does have um, cancer?” She questioned, desiring the c word to not come out of her mouth. She swiped a click of hair out of her eyes, getting ticked off at the common movement in her eyes.

He mumbled a nervous answer, scooting by Holly and leaving her with her mouth shaped in an o and me with a great amount of respect for the exit plan he came up with.

Do take note of this strategy.

Knowing Holly she trailed behind him, easing into his line of drift just as easy as he left her behind. She began muttering something at him in a medieval tone, defiantly not playing around this time around.